A Hybrid pant for wet brush??

WAKAN

FNG
Where I hunt is blessed with heavy thick brush that is typically soaked with dew most September mornings until 10 or so. We usually wear rain pants to keep from getting soaked, however it is also very steep so overheating is a problem even with venting the rain wear. Gaiters do not extend high enough in this heavy brush to keep you dry, plus I personally hate the feel on the top strap on my calves on the steep climbs.
Does anyone offer a pant with a waterproof front panel with lightweight performance fabrics in crotch and rear panel for good venting? If I were designing it would also have wrap around waterproofing mid calf for a built in gaiter. I know Kuiu makes the Talus but it just looks like a built in gaiter not a full waterproof front panel. Any others out there?

I work in wet thick brush everyday pretty much and I have tried surplus goretex rain pants. They get pretty hot and don’t breathe hardly at all. I have taken to wearing Eddie Bauer Guide Pants or the thicker work pants that look like upland game pants. They can be found for around 40 bucks a pair on sale. They have enough water repellency that dew will bead off and if they get saturated they will dry quicker than you think.

Jauwater

WKR
The Kuhl Klash pants are a well built pant. Reviews claim the pants do great at repelling water. I picked up a pair that I wear when I ski, and I'd have to agree.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

OP
WAKAN

WAKAN

FNG
Thanks for the replies. Will check out the upland pants and Kuhls. Definitely interested in chaps, used to wear them bird dogging brush while quail hunting. Ones I had were an oil skin canvas and very loud. I have given thought to chopping my rain pants and sewing up a pair of chaps. Just hard hacking up $200 pants 😃

PNWGATOR

WKR
Look at the Fjallraven Keb trousers. They’re my next pair of pants based on the first hand reviews of substantial use and abuse and their performance.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Wouldn't the first lite saw buck pant fit the bill

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk