A lion and a baby in one day

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations Justin. The days we had our two kids were definitely two of the best in my life. Glad you got back in time.

Rizzy

WKR
Congratulations!

The missing toes are interesting because Colorado banned the use of foothold traps (for Bobcat trapping) a long time ago. That Cat may have migrated from another state.

Craig4791

WKR
Damn that was an exciting read!! Must have been intense in that cave! Cool story, great lion and a beautiful baby congrats!

Stid2677

WKR
Those photos of your baby girl are spectacular!! You have a great eye for taking photos and congrats on a life altering event.

Steve

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations. Little ones are the best and the tom is a heck of a story for sure.

OP
justin davis
Thanks guys. To answer a few of your questions.

Not sure on the weight of the cat. Never weighed it.

Yea the one pic of Ruby is infact on a lion skin. Good eye! Not the same cat however (old skin a friend has). Thought it would be a cool pic symbolizing the day she was born.

We had a celebration with lion as the main course a week from the day she was born.

Is pretty cool experience. Amazing how you can fall in love with something so fast!

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely amazing how you fall in love so fast. My little girl is 5 months today and my priorities are a lot different.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a story!! Congrats to you and Katy, Ruby is beautiful and the cat is pretty neat too :) Do you have special plans for the cat to memorialize such an awesome day?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Awesome stuff Justin!!! I find it hilarious that the story was 90% about you bagging an awesome cat and then "oh yeah, I went home and had a baby girl the same day" :D

Congrats to you and Katy on the new addition.

And congrats to you on an awesome mountain lion!!!

Slim Jim

WKR
Wow! What a story
Congrats on the baby and one crazy day!

You are one crazy SOB. I would never crawl through that dark little hole after that cat.