A lion and a baby in one day

trkyslr

WKR
Justin congrats on the cat and huge congrats on your new daughter! My little girl is 3 now and lifes amazing and complete with her... Even when she's sassy . Great pics and thread!

OP
justin davis
Becca- Don't plan to do much other than save the hide and get the skull beetle cleaned. Although the shot did some damage to the skull. It will be cool to keep.

Luke- haha I know! I figured since this is a hunting site the story should
Be about the hunt and less about the birth lol.

I will add a little more to the story thou that will make you shake your head lol.
So while I am gone my wife is having some intense contractions. She just wanted to keep calm and not worry anyone so she didn't tell me about these severe contractions. It wasn't until I got home and saw the look on her face did I then realize that things looked different and it was go time.

We live 45-50 mins from the birthing center. We jumped in the car and started driving. Guess what?
The ole gas light was on. Lol. Yep low on fuel! Wouldn't that be the luck and just add to the story. So I did a pit stop maneuver (or atleast attempted to).
Planned to pull over and get just a few gallons of gas to ensure we made it. When I pulled over I was trying to hurry. Wouldn't you know that the gas pump wasn't working and pumping. The gas station attendant guy came out and was fiddling with it trying to get it to work. I was loosing patience and finally asked if I just try a different pump.

Finally got some gas. Drove down. Made it to the midwife center (my wife doesn't like hospitals) in 30 mins. We walked in and they check and say Katy is already dialated to 9 cm (lol really cutting it close). Katy was so calm and composed you would not really know anything was going on.

They get her in the water (water birth) and a little while later Ruby was born. Katy wanted it all natural so she didn't use any medication or pain killers. The midwife center was very nice and relaxing. After the birth they let ruby lay with Katy for like an whole hour in a log bed with a home like atmosphere. They didn't yank her away and take the baby away. They gave Katy a herbal bath in a dark room with candles while they weighed and measured ruby. I highly recommend a place like this over a hospital. 4 hours later we were home! So far Ruby is a really good baby. She sleeps at night well, nurses really well, and in general is a very mellow baby.

Congrats Justin! Parenthood is awesome. My twin boys arrived a bit early on December 13th; how many December rokslide births did we have this year?

And that is one heck of a story...

OP
justin davis
Congrats Justin! Parenthood is awesome. My twin boys arrived a bit early on December 13th; how many December rokslide births did we have this year?

And that is one heck of a story...

Twins? Wow. Congrats. That's awesome! Bet your double busy. :)

Yeah, thanks. Double busy but also double fun. I am going to do my best to make them into future backcountry bowhunters!

OP
justin davis
Yeah, thanks. Double busy but also double fun. I am going to do my best to make them into future backcountry bowhunters!

Heck yea. Twins would be a blast. Be interesting to see when they grow up. My brother (4 yrs younger) was raised the exact same as me. Never took an interest to hunting even thou we grew up the same. Kinda interesting to me. Some are born with it I think and some are not.

On a side note My brother is gonna get his hunter safety this spring and give hunting a shot. Which is exciting for me!

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats Justin you have guts. First to go hunting with your wife so close to her due date and second to crawl in a small cave after a wounded cat. My hats off to you man! Congrats on both counts, your life will never be the same with a little one around now. We almost have our second child here, being a dad is awesome!

60x

WKR
congrats to you sir... daddy sure is the worlds greatest job.

smitho

FNG
Justin, congrats! She's a beautiful baby. Great looking cat too. I guess that one would have to go down as " the best day ever" huh?

Beendare

WKR
Congrats on the baby girl Justin. My baby girl is getting ready to go off to college and.....you will hear this a lot.......they grow up so fast I seriously cannot believe it. I'm already missing her while typing this.

I remember guys asking me if I was disappointed when we had a girl. I really didn't know how to answer back then. I can tell you now, there is nothing better being the father of a little girl. Absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. They idolize you in a way that cannot be described and they somehow make you into a better person- someone to deserve their unwavering devotion. I'm telling you it does something to a dad....good things. The man you are will be the man she seeks out when grown. Take her everywhere with you- she won't be a drag, those experiences will be richer for it- (once you get the hang of bringing the world with you at first that is- grin)

Best wishes to you and your wife

Buster

WKR
Congrats on the baby girl Justin. My baby girl is getting ready to go off to college and.....you will hear this a lot.......they grow up so fast I seriously cannot believe it. I'm already missing her while typing this.

I remember guys asking me if I was disappointed when we had a girl. I really didn't know how to answer back then. I can tell you now, there is nothing better being the father of a little girl. Absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. They idolize you in a way that cannot be described and they somehow make you into a better person- someone to deserve their unwavering devotion. I'm telling you it does something to a dad....good things. The man you are will be the man she seeks out when grown. Take her everywhere with you- she won't be a drag, those experiences will be richer for it- (once you get the hang of bringing the world with you at first that is- grin)

I've got 2, you wrote the inspiring truth with that post.

OP
justin davis

Thanks or the advice! Yes your are right on! She is 4 months old now and I think it's going way to fast already! She is so fun and I can't wait to show her things. It's been a blast so far! And I got that same comment. Guys sayin out are you bummed out you got a girl! Id prefer a girl I think if I had to choose.