A little late by Idaho and only good wolf is dead one at this stage of the game in Idaho

wether wolves should or should not be killed is not the issue. Governing wildlife in idaho is fish and games job, not the political action committees. You should be against this bill, next will be a bill eliminating elk, so that way ranchers don't have to deal with elk. Don't be fooled by the wolf in sheeps clothing. Ranchers will do whatever they can to reduce there overhead. This is not a wildlife bill, but a ranching bill.

87TT

WKR
The wolves will just be treated like Coyotes are now. No shortage of them. The wolves will still be here ane a problem.................just less of them. They are not a "game" animal in my book.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Talk to a regional IDFG guy, he said there'll be an immediate lawsuit, not because of the 150 number, which was the agreed upon objective, but because there's language in there that says they can't make decisions that will have drastic impacts on the population. The units above Grangeville and below Challis are the predator zones, the wilderness units they will still be considered game animals. The population isn't going to be affected much either way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Idaho is managed by public opinion and which sportsman group whines the loudest. We've got a weak commission right now that isn't well represented by big game hunters. They're mostly fisherman and bird hunters on the commission currently. Better than anti hunters but not what Idaho needs. We need men like comissioners Will Nailon and Mark Doerr back.

87TT

WKR
I know a lot of Big game hunters around here. So far all of them have been 100& OK with this Bill. In fact most of them have said that it has been their "plan" to shoot any wolf they run into already. DFG is probably only upset that they can't sell more tags.

TheTone

WKR
So would you support the legislators writing bills to wipe out elk that are over objective and causing farm damage? It’s not a far stretch

87TT

WKR
Maybe with fewer wolves chasing the elk down onto the farms and private, the elk could be kept off the farms and private more? Bottom line is wolves are out of control and need to be treated like coyotes. DFG has kept trying to manage them but it's not working. You can hunt wolves 365 days a year here and still aren't controlled.
There are already many things that DFG does not control. They have to make proposals to the legislature and THEY vote on it. Not much different.

A little late to the party here, but I'm from Idaho and I'm extremely happy this passed. IDFG is failing so someone needs to step in. There needs to be checks and balances and right now there are not, especially with wolves. DFG had their chance and they failed. I'll be voting for any representatives who said "yes" on this. We have to take a stand. DFG has too much power. So of course they are upset when that power gets threatened.

I remember when they passed the motorized vehicle laws pertaining to ATV's. There were tons of hunters who showed up to the meetings and objected to that proposal. But what did DFG do? They told the legislators it was overwhelmingly supported by Hunters. So it passed. The vast majority of hunters in Idaho use ATV's.

So would you support the legislators writing bills to wipe out elk that are over objective and causing farm damage? It’s not a far stretch
This is a far stretch. Sorry dude but you are wrong. It would be political suicide to "wipe" them out. It may change someday but right now no way.

But just for the record, they HAVE taken measures to "wipe" elk out. They hired "sharpshooters" to hunt them at night and wiped out close to 100 "problem" elk.

The point here is that wolves are pointless invasive species that should have never been reintroduced. If IDFG can't figure out how to get them under control then others need to step up. Plain and simple. It's not like they just came in and took it all away from DFG right away. They had their chance and they failed. Miserably failed.

Wrench

WKR
This is a far stretch. Sorry dude but you are wrong. It would be political suicide to "wipe" them out. It may change someday but right now no way.

But just for the record, they HAVE taken measures to "wipe" elk out. They hired "sharpshooters" to hunt them at night and wiped out close to 100 "problem" elk.

The point here is that wolves are pointless invasive species that should have never been reintroduced. If IDFG can't figure out how to get them under control then others need to step up. Plain and simple. It's not like they just came in and took it all away from DFG right away. They had their chance and they failed. Miserably failed.
Don't leave out the fact that wolves mark their living by being sneaky. Elk make their living by eating plants......pretty easy to kill a critter whose #1 defensive trait is going nocturnal vs a silent merchant of death.

MattB

WKR
Maybe with fewer wolves chasing the elk down onto the farms and private, the elk could be kept off the farms and private more? Bottom line is wolves are out of control and need to be treated like coyotes. DFG has kept trying to manage them but it's not working. You can hunt wolves 365 days a year here and still aren't controlled.
There are already many things that DFG does not control. They have to make proposals to the legislature and THEY vote on it. Not much different.
You are either avoiding or missing the central issue here. Game management shouldn't be subject to political whims.

87TT

WKR
You are either avoiding or missing the central issue here. Game management shouldn't be subject to political whims.
By it’s very nature the DFG Commission is political. They are appointed by “politicians. And serve at the will of them. And number two, we are not talking about “game” management, we are talking about predator/ invasive nuisance management.

MattB

WKR
That part was missed by so many people. They didn't wipe the tears from their eyes before reading.
Nah, I live in CA and have seen what happens when our politicians and citizens decide to take wildlige management into their own hands.

It is funny how many guys on this site $#!+ on California and them selectively smile when their states start acting like ours because one policy suits them - too...however you care to describe it...to comprehend that it opens the doors for politicians/citizens to force policy that doesn't.

Nah, I live in CA and have seen what happens when our politicians and citizens decide to take wildlige management into their own hands.

It is funny how many guys on this site $#!+ on California and them selectively smile when their states start acting like ours because one policy suits them - too...however you care to describe it...to comprehend that it opens the doors for politicians/citizens to force policy that doesn't.
No state in this country is as ****** as California, I don't feel threatened at all by a little change. You guys act like Idaho turned the reigns over on everything and said goodluck.