A new forum for this site?

bobhunts

WKR
There is just about everything covered here except for one thing travel. How about a forum for traveling to your hunt..advice ..discounts on flights etc. Pretty much the only thing I have not found here! What do you think staff? Even deals on rental cars who knows what? Makes total sense to me. Somewhere we can all share a way to get to our hunt and home cheaper. Coupon codes, trades on mileage ..who knows what? Bob.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
There is just about everything covered here except for one thing travel. How about a forum for traveling to your hunt..advice ..discounts on flights etc. Pretty much the only thing I have not found here! What do you think staff? Even deals on rental cars who knows what? Makes total sense to me. Somewhere we can all share a way to get to our hunt and home cheaper. Coupon codes, trades on mileage ..who knows what? Bob.

Great idea, I spend more on travel (bush flights, boat trips, and airfare commercial) each year than I do on gear...There is a lot of money to be saved if you know how to work the deals for sure. Saved 50% on boat charter today for example!!! The extra $600 is well on your way to a Kifaru pack or the ilk ;)

Its a good idea, the travel has to be one of the biggest expenses for a lot of trips and definitely the biggest expense for AK.
Shipping gear and meat is ridiculous, a few tips would be great.

burgerta

FNG
Agree, there are definate tricks to share for places like Alaska, and would help folks realize an opportunity to afford hunts that we may not think we can...

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome idea. For the past nine years I book and plan all logistics for a bear hunt for a group of 8 of us. Then I plan my hunts for the fall. While I seem to have a decent handle on it I would sure like to see what others do.

Solitude

WKR
Phenomenal idea! Personally I would love to rent boats and ATV's at some of my destinations in ID and MT (near the border) but have no idea of reputable sources/companies/guys.