A new pack

Hi all, this is my first full post other than some chatter on some of the muzzle loader threads. Im reaching out as it is time for me to invest in a new pack/frame. Ive pretty much figured out the two Im trying to decide between. Option one is the Seek Outside Fortress 6300 I would be adding on all off the accessories so I could configure the bag how I want it depending on the hunt Im going on. Then option two is the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900. Both seem to fit my needs/wants equally well, just need a push in either direction before I pull the trigger.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Stone glacier makes great packs. I have no experience with SO though, I bet they are pretty good too.

87TT

WKR
They will both be fine unless you try others. Can you find a place where you can load them up heavy and wear them for a while?

brsnow

WKR
I went through pretty much all packs and ended up with seek outside for comfort, heavy loads, and most importantly huntability. My backup is SG evo. Both are good, but the free float of the SO frame is great for me

22lr

WKR
Love my Stone Glacier Sky Archer with the X-curve frame. The bag is decently water resistant but definitely get a rain cover if you think it will rain all day or all day for 5 straight days like it does up here... :)

I didn't appreciate the time it takes to get familier with the bag though. Highly recommend that what ever you get, you spend some quality time just taking it on and off the frame a few times rimes. Will help tremendously to be familier with it when in the field. This was my first external frame pack so I had a steeper learning curve than most probably will have. The great part of Stone Glacier are their videos, super helpful if you actually walk through em.

Wapiti1

WKR
I have used both. I own a Seek Outside. It was just more comfortable under load. The SG I used was a krux frame, not an x-curve. I suspect the x-curve would have given the Seek more competition. My back is less than straight.

Jeremy

I got a SO Lanner last fall at the end of season so I’ve only used it for summer camping and hunts so far this season. Overall I don’t have any complaints but this is my first high end pack so I don’t have much to compare to. I’ve got a long torso and the ability to extend the frame on the SO was a big selling point for me.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the SG Sky 6900 with the x-curve frame this spring and just got back from an 8 day hunt with it. The pack functioned great and was comfortable under load (camp and meat).

87TT

WKR
I had a Kuiu but stopped at the EXO store to "look" at their packs. They put one on me with a big bag of sand in it while we talked and I walked around. I left with the pack. I have packed out two elk with it and probably average around 25# in it for a day pack while hunting, shooting practice and walking the dog. I start increasing weight in the months leading up to the season.

Rokwiia

WKR
I can't speak about the Talus but I have the SO Fortress 6300 and love it. I added a top lid and a hipbelt pocket on each side.

I also have a chest pack (from Hill People Gear) so for storage outside the main bag, there is the top lid, Talon, side pockets (which are huge), and two hipbelt pockets.

Good luck with your choice but I don't see how you could wrong with the Fortress. Best backpack I've ever owned and owned a fair number.

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have never use SG but have compared SeekOutside to Kifaru. For me SeekOutside is more comfortable. I really like the ability to change frame height based on pack weight. The belt fits me better. It is very durable and has been on many week long elk hunts plus a lot of day hunts for deer. I would go with the one that has the options and set up you want if you cant try them on with a load.