A new update to the classified rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We have been asked over and over again for a way to bypass the ten post, seven day wait period to use the classifieds and PM's. You can now pay to play, its a one time fee of $50.00. Yeah, it's expensive, but we would rather you be part of the Rokslide community not just here to buy and sell. Here is a link to the classified rules with a link to the buy-in at the bottom:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
In my opinion this a great way to help support the classifieds and keep them free moving forward. Notice now no other hunting forums have quality classifieds? It’s because it’s a huge pain in the butt to manage and a potential risk for site owners.

If you’ve used the classifieds here I’d highly recommend donating. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars on buying some lightly used gear off of here. No reason in my mind to not throw some of that savings back to the source.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
In my opinion this a great way to help support the classifieds and keep them free moving forward. Notice now no other hunting forums have quality classifieds? It’s because it’s a huge pain in the butt to manage and a potential risk for site owners.

If you’ve used the classifieds here I’d highly recommend donating. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars on buying some lightly used gear off of here. No reason in my mind to not throw some of that savings back to the source.

You are not kidding! I spend no less than an hour a day on classified issues.

Thanks for the support.

RHR280AC

FNG
I think going forward that the fifty dollar fee for bypassing the 10-7 rule is a great way to access the
finest forum's classifieds w/o the waiting period. I can speak from personnel experience, as I was
initially brought here to the forum, by an internet search for a rifle scope I was looking to purchase.
I found it; but AFTER looking around the forum, I realized that I would rather become a member and
participate/connect with others of the same passion.

Most do not realize how incredible this forum is for the knowledge, experience and camaraderie it
contains because of the People who are on here on a daily basis. If you would rather "PAY" than
"PLAY" for access that is ones own decision but also their loss. Just my two cents worth.

Ryan Avery does an incredible job steering the ship on this and deserves some serious Kudo's for it.
I myself will follow the rule of 10-7 as this is a great place to belong to. Thanks for having me.
Rg

Hort

FNG
I just came across the website searching for information on Montana Elk hunting and was amazed on all the great info alone. The classifieds are an added plus. Why wouldn’t someone want to be a part of the forum? The rule is a great idea. The classifieds should be a benefit for members, not just a grab and go for someone looking for a deal. (y)

87TT

WKR
The classifieds are just a pleasant bonus for me. I wouldn't trust anyone without a bunch of posts and time anyway. I've even checked out a persons posts to see if they are for real hunters first.

Honestly if there was a $25 or $50 annual fee is pay it. . . And I don't even use the classifieds that much! But when I do need something, they are the first place I look!

Keep up the good work of running an awesome forum guys!

BigSky

WKR
I speculate, contrary to some of the expressed incredulity, that the way around the post count classifieds requirement is sought more by those who did an internet search and found an item for sale on the classifieds. Being that said find was their first introduction to the forum, as well-intended as they were, they had absolutely no means of contacting the seller. I don't think those people necessarily fall in to the "why wouldn't you just want to become a member of the forum?" group.

Having said that, I think the $50 idea is a good one. Heck, it will raise funds for the forum and potentially help a current member to get a quick sale.

HuntNTag

WKR
I speculate, contrary to some of the expressed incredulity, that the way around the post count classifieds requirement is sought more by those who did an internet search and found an item for sale on the classifieds. Being that said find was their first introduction to the forum, as well-intended as they were, they had absolutely no means of contacting the seller. I don't think those people necessarily fall in to the "why wouldn't you just want to become a member of the forum?" group.

Having said that, I think the $50 idea is a good one. Heck, it will raise funds for the forum and potentially help a current member to get a quick sale.

As a newbie on here I can tell you from actual feedback that I’ve read rokslide forum threads and YouTube videos for quite a while. Coming in and being able to add value into the mix while learning a ton from everyone is fantastic and a 7 day wait is nothing. A $50 fee isn’t a big deal either but it does throw more skin in the game so when I saw that yesterday I personally felt even more value to the forum itself. All in all, I agree.

68Plexi

WKR
I’m a new member to the forum, but have been reading Rokslide gear reviews for years. I will admit, the classifieds were the main reason I decided to join the forum. However, I’ve spent so much time on this site since joining it’s probably not healthy haha!

So far the only classified participation I’ve had is in one of the “pay it forward” threads. I was so encouraged by the generosity there that I decided to join the party and give something away too. I guess that’s how I feel about the forum now. I don’t have a lot to add that hasn’t already been discussed, but when I can help someone else I will.

I think the 7 day 10 post requirement is good because for me at least, it made Rokslide part of my normal online routine and now I’m on almost every day. I get the $50 shortcut, just hope it doesn’t mean people miss out on becoming part of the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeweb09

WKR
10 posts is not a lot, some others like the hide require 100+ posts. Thanks for making the price some what steep, hopefully it’ll encourage more participation in other parts of the forum

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
It's funny, when I joined it was for the classifieds. Thinking I would buy tons, I got to 9 messages and stopped. I spent more time reading the forums, articles and thoughts of what other members are planning, and couldn't care less about the classifieds. I don't need new gear, I need more tags and more knowledge on hunting better. $50 might be to cheap IMO. Save the money newbies, share some knowledge and experiences.

This is a great idea to generate some money for the forum. I'm in the 10 post 7 day window right now, but to be honest its made me slow down and check this place out instead of just randomly posting. There's a ton a great info - looking forward to being part of the community and learning what I can. Thank you!

mardal2

FNG
We have been asked over and over again for a way to bypass the ten post, seven day wait period to use the classifieds and PM's. You can now pay to play, its a one time fee of $50.00. Yeah, it's expensive, but we would rather you be part of the Rokslide community not just here to buy and sell. Here is a link to the classified rules with a link to the buy-in at the bottom:

Good idea

Walligood

FNG
I'm a brand new member excited to be able to pick up some gear in the classifieds. I'm bummed I'm having to pass up opportunities as I wait 7 days but excited to be apart of a community who takes so much pride in what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.