A new update to the classified rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just joined this forum as so often when searching for hunting info I find myself directed here. It sounds like I should pay attention to the classifieds as well.

I see the intent of it the new rule. However, I come and go here. I’ve sold a few things. Got a bunch of good info about making my own teepee from here. One dude even shared his drawings with me. A lot of info can be found just by searching previous threads without commenting at all. But apparently I havnt commented enough.

Bigpops

FNG
Very good move. I've seen this with other 2nd amendment forums/groups and it does a great job of keeping interested folks involved.

Epi610

FNG
I’m brand new and the concept behind this thought process absolutely makes sense, and seems fair...

However, from a marketing perspective, I bet if the price was $25 there would be a ton of people who would just pay it. Gotta find the balance of what makes the most sense though, make sure a good thing doesn’t become diluted over money. In that sense charging $50 seems like a better decision IMHO

I think it's a great idea. I would have used the classifieds without hardly ever posting. I'm frugal, so it forced me to post. Ultimately it made me see the value of being an involved member and am much more likely to post more in the future.

Day 1 Newbie here and I really appreciate the intention behind the wait period as well as the additional Classified Rules and Regulations! Being welcomed in to a community and expected to contribute and connect is awesome. Great rule!

Cooms320

FNG
We have been asked over and over again for a way to bypass the ten post, seven day wait period to use the classifieds and PM's. You can now pay to play, its a one time fee of $50.00. Yeah, it's expensive, but we would rather you be part of the Rokslide community not just here to buy and sell. Here is a link to the classified rules with a link to the buy-in at the bottom:

I’m trying to get thru this now....

Good idea. I’m new here and want to use the classifieds but am also interested in contributing to different forums as well.

weihasan

FNG
A bypass is option is always nice. Im new here and definitely would love to be a part of the community.

GoFishND

FNG
I'm definitely liking the rule as a newbie. I came here when I searched and found some great items in the classifieds, but in short order have realized how great the rest of the forum is. Honestly would never have experienced all of that without the requirement and I'm glad I "had" to!

egarviz

FNG
newbie here as well, found this forum through searching for a quilt as I am primarily a backpacker but reading through some of these threads has peaked my interest in a possible new hobby, seems like a great sense of community.

We have been asked over and over again for a way to bypass the ten post, seven day wait period to use the classifieds and PM's. You can now pay to play, its a one time fee of $50.00. Yeah, it's expensive, but we would rather you be part of the Rokslide community not just here to buy and sell. Here is a link to the classified rules with a link to the buy-in at the bottom:

Do we just click the "Contribute" tab and then do a standard donation of $50 and then wait? I didn't see any comments on how we should pay - Thanks!

5peataz

FNG
The rules can be cumbersome at first but it’s worth it to access those classifieds!

I'm a brand new member excited to be able to pick up some gear in the classifieds. I'm bummed I'm having to pass up opportunities as I wait 7 days but excited to be apart of a community who takes so much pride in what they do.
I am also a new member, so I understand the downside of having to be patient as good deals pass you by. But with that being said, I think the current 10-7 rule in place is a great way to facilitate discussion. I have just tried to focus on taking in the insane amount of information and knowledge available and know that more good deals will come. It is a great community and something we should all take pride in being a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.