A nice day

I don't want to make you folks feel bad but today was just pleasant. It finally made it to 80 degrees. The clover timothy hay is so thick you have to gear down to 3rd to get through it. Some windrows are too big to step over.

In the middle of cutting some bottoms, 50 head of cows and calf elk stood up out of the deep grass to watch me on the tractor pulling the swather.

Between watching the fish in the creek, the elk calves, the voles running from the grass and getting a nice tan, it was a very nice day, Other than a minor bath in hydraulic fluid, I don't think I would swap my day with any of you.

Made a nickel a bale back in the day with little squares. Hard way to make a dollar but wouldn't trade it for the world. Tough to beat the smell of fresh hay. Always reminds me I ain't in the damn city. Good on you for taking a look around. Too many people glued to their own little instaworld.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a very strong sense of smell. When I was a kid I got covered with hydraulic fluid when one of the lines ruptured on the tractor. I couldn't even wash that smell off. It was several weeks before I couldn't smell it on me anymore. I have taken major steps to avoid getting hydraulic fluid on me ever since. I can't even keep used rags in the garage because of that smell. But besides the fluid........sounds like a great day!