A photo thread of my Idaho hunt...

Mike7

WKR
Thanks Mike, I really enjoyed this thread.
I love that area down there...all except the localized spots with that certain kind of ground cactus which just covers your dog in those single fine cactus barbs which are hard to find and get out without practically shaving your dog bald when you get home.

OP
HellsCanyon
Yeah there were quite a few chukar hunters that first weekend! Definitely my favorite place to recreate!

Heading back in tomorrow night... taking the wall tent and hitting up a different camp spot for the weekend, we'll see if we can't get it done this weekend! Pictures to follow hopefully sunday! Just wish we had longer than a few days at a time!

Mike

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Celebrating the kill with a nice Cigar and diet cherry/vanilla Dr. Pepper... [IMG said:
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg602/HellsCanyonArmory/IMG_0526_zps35013af5.jpg[/IMG]
QUOTE]

I'm diggin' the old-school wool sweater. I have one just like it in green that I love for cold weather!

Thanks for all the photos and good luck this weekend. Can't wait to see more.

Slim Jim

WKR
Very cool HC. I'm digging all the photos. Making me very envious down here in Vegas. Looks like you guys had a blast. Congrats!

OP
HellsCanyon
I'm diggin' the old-school wool sweater. I have one just like it in green that I love for cold weather!

I love this thing! Winter months under my Core 4 jacket is money... I'd pack it on my backpack trips but it just takes up too much room. Not too heavy but the Kuiu Spindrift has replaced it on the backpacking trips. Still gets plenty of use throughout the year though. My dad is a wool/filson junky so he's always finding deals on surplus military wool garments or filson shirts/jackets and then gives 'em out as presents. No complaints here!

Thanks for the kind words all. Heading out the door here now to head back in tonight and see what we can't find this weekend! Hope everyone has a great weekend! ;)

Mike

Jdog

WKR
Celebrating the kill with a nice Cigar and diet cherry/vanilla Dr. Pepper... [IMG said:
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg602/HellsCanyonArmory/IMG_0526_zps35013af5.jpg[/IMG]
QUOTE]

That is the Air Force old school sweater! NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

OP
HellsCanyon
On the mountain gutting a deer right now... left the river early today to go back high. Nothing huge but my partner smoked a nice 4x4 about 22" wide, good forks, small kicker and a pair of unique eye guards! Going to be a long night! ;)

Also, we got real Lucky and crushed a big four legged predator.... stay tuned! ;)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
y5y3ysa6.jpg
Thanks Justin! Here's a pic of his buck... tough hunting this trip. Rainy, wet, windy, cold, and gray! Remember we came back in high this afternoon for this buck so thats why the snow. Most of the time we were about 5k' lower on the river!

Saw a total of about 45 does, small three and four point, few spikes and forky's but that was it until this afternoon! I have till Saturday to get it done and won't be able to get back here till Thursday probably...

Gotta check the weather forecast and a few other details before I figure out what I want to do.

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Thanks everyone! Only pics of the predator are on my camera and I am a few hundred miles from my camera chord. Trying to figure out a way to snag them off so I can post a few... :)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Well here you go everyone... big female cat that we got Saturday morning at first light! one of the guys we were hunting with also saw a big wolf within a mile of here that same day!
anevusab.jpg

Mike