A photo thread of my Idaho hunt...

OP
HellsCanyon
Great job mike.she will be tasty:) mountsin lion is one of my favorite tasting game.

Thanks! And yeah Mine too. However this one was about the toughest n chewiest backstraps I've ever eaten! Flavor was good but not nearly as good as the one I killed in '07.

Hardstalk

WKR
Lions, wolves, and bears... Oh my!! And you are still seeing deer in the same vicinity?

OP
HellsCanyon
You guys are having a great season, all you need now is an Elk and Wolf for an Idaho slam

Even though it felt like a part of last hunting season, technically we killed a wolf in Feb of this year! I killed my elk in Sept, and my hunting partner laid down a 13" archery antelope buck... he also filled his turkey tag this spring! Been a pretty good year for us for sure!
vunude2u.jpg

Hardstalk, yeah we saw 45+ deer last weekend and an unbelievable amount of elk. I bet we easily saw 300+!

I'm headed back tomorrow to see if I can't find my buck... kind of liking this last minute down to the wire stuff! I've already had a good season and have been fortunate to fill some tags on some good animals! Score is going out the window for the last few days but I'm still planning on holding out for a buck that I like! This tag has been a journey and I can't wait to see what the final few days bring!

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Tick Tock Tick Tock... heading in again this evening! I should have service on my phone a few miles from where I'm camping until friday so if something hits the ground I'll let ya'll know! LETS DO THIS!

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Found my buck... too dark to see forks but 27-28" wide, TALL, and on the move.... named him 2T for the twin towers. Hope I can find him again! He was all by himself in a drainage but kept looking around while feeding then would trot 20 yards or so then stop look around, and start feeding again. Too dark for pics but it wouldn't surprise me if he went anywhere from 170-185"... by far best buck I've seen!
Also seen another 23" 3 point tonight herded up pushing does hard.

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Good luck

Thanks guys... was back in there glassing this morning and I think I found him. Though he turned out a little different than I thought! ;) guess glassing at last light is a bit deceptive!

He's 25" wide, mainframe 3 point 20" tall with at least one eye guard, a 3" kicker off his right main beam below his G2, and a small 1" kicker off that same G2. VERY tempting buck with that kicker. I got him bedded down and i don't think he's going anywhere. Would definitely shoot him on the last day but I'm seeing lots of deer right now!

Found four bucks total this morning and two were chasing pretty hard. Everything I'm seeing is younger river bucks (light horns). None of the big dogs have moved down yet. I got a few groups of does located to keep checking on, just don't think the big boys will be here without weather before Saturday.

I'm beat, got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night with 30 mph gusts tearing at the tent! Can feel a bit of pressure with the time crunch going on right now.

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Keep it up, one will show!

Thanks man! Tell you what, nothing like a big chicken fried steak eggs and toast with hot coffee to keep a guy motivated! Feeling much better now... headed back in shortly to start glassing again.

I did get some good video and a few pics through the spotter of the buck! Won't be able to post till Monday as all I've got right now is my cell and tapatalk.

Mike

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Know how that goes on the picture. Its fun to keep everyone posted, but limiting at the same time.