A photo thread of my Idaho hunt...

OP
HellsCanyon
uheqerag.jpg

OP
HellsCanyon
Passing on that buck for good... taking the jet boat back in where we were last weekend. Season ends tomorrow! Things aren't looking very good but i'll give 'er hell!

Mike

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Go buddy! You know I'm praying for you. As my friend Jason Carter says: "The last day is the best day!"

The good thing about sticking it out to the end is that you rarely have regrets. God bless your last day!

OP
HellsCanyon
Go buddy! You know I'm praying for you. As my friend Jason Carter says: "The last day is the best day!"

The good thing about sticking it out to the end is that you rarely have regrets. God bless your last day!

Thanks Robby! Definitely had a little 'gift' on the last day! Ended up tagging out on a little 4x4 with eye guards. We went back in to where a friend saw a nice buck last weekend hoping we could turn him up. Found two solo does all day and on the 3 mile hike out I spotted this buck only 150 yards from where we shot the cougar! Ranged him and dumped him 214 yards. Not even close to the biggest buck I passed on but it was the last evening on the last day and I'm grateful for the meat and the memories! What a journey this tag has been!

Mike
8u6etypa.jpg

OP
HellsCanyon
Thanks Brian! Was a heck of a hunt bringing it down to the wire looking for Mr. Big but never found him!

Congrats on a Very successful season! You need to start a thread in the General Discussion forum: Idaho Slam!! With your 2012 Success I think it would be a good one!!

OP
HellsCanyon
Here's a video of that big cheater 3 point... He had some angles where he just looked awesome, and other angles where he only looked average!
[video=vimeo;52875846]https://vimeo.com/52875846[/video]

What do you think he would age out at? At first because of his small bases and lack of mass I was thinking young like 3.5-4.5. But after looking at his face and how white it is I think he may be an older regressed buck... thoughts?

IMG_0625.jpg