A picture to sum up CO OTC Rifle Units

Northpark

WKR
36 vehicles at the trailhead this morning. Walked in 6.5 miles saw one small herd on private. Until a couple years ago I could hunt this OTC unit see a lot of elk and killed 2 elk per year (bull and cow) but now no way. I moved from CO to AZ this year and I will not be back. Hope you all enjoy it and you won’t have me to compete against.

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Cool, you do realize you will probably only be able to draw an AZ tag once every 6 years right??😂🤣

Reactions: Che

Northpark

WKR
Cool, you do realize you will probably only be able to draw an AZ tag once every 6 years right??😂🤣
Yup. I guess I should say that I’ll come back for certain tags that I can draw about every 3 years and I hunt in NM, WY, and MT as well so I can elk hunt every year I just won’t hunt the otc units anymore. Not worth the NR cost for the experience.

Yeah, various agencies have said over the years how hunter numbers are dwindling and hunting is dying off. Not sure where they are getting their data from....Nothing seems further from the truth from what I've seen in my local areas. More and more camps and vehicles. In fact, Idaho fish and game reported that the sold a record number of deer and elk tags.

OP
ganngus

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, various agencies have said over the years how hunter numbers are dwindling and hunting is dying off. Not sure where they are getting their data from....Nothing seems further from the truth from what I've seen in my local areas. More and more camps and vehicles. In fact, Idaho fish and game reported that the sold a record number of deer and elk tags.

I wonder how much of the data regarding the decline is related to general hunting on the east coast.

11boo

WKR
Archery season was a zoo too. I have a cool meat hunt coming in December/January. Cow tag, public land, 30 minutes from my house.

only 300 tags and I drew with no points.

ScottB

FNG
Haha. Thats great, but honestly, that true as well. This year with the virus, it seems like more and more people are out in the woods. Colorado 2nd season is ridicules this year. I hunted for 1 day in my usual area and left due to all the hunters. I simply could not get away from everyone.