A piece of gear you dont need or havent owned

Jimss

WKR
I only hunt elk in open country and there is no way in h$ll I leave the truck without the best quality spotter plus tripod money can buy. A scope saves me miles upon miles of hiking. I can field judge Bulls from long range and spot an antler tine, ear, rump patch from long distances where it's impossible to spot with bino and especially the naked eye.

I can see where a spotter may not help in thick timber but it is next to a necessity for open country hunting trophy Bulls

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
A saw. During one of the packs, I retrieve a hatchet from the truck to cut off the antlers if necessary. All legs are cut off at the joints and the rest of the meat is boned out.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
No need for a spotter where I hunt. I like having Bino’s but could make an argument that they aren’t needed either.

Trekking poles are a must have for me. Bow, pack, poles and then everything else. Must be the young guys saying they don’t use them. Haha

mlgc20

WKR
Hopefully this won’t get me banned. But, I don’t get the whole “alpha glass” thing. Just can’t believe people spend more than $2K for a set of binoculars or $3K for a scope. I have a set of Leupold BX-4 binoculars and a Burris XTRii scope and can’t really imagine needing anything more than that. The Swaro ELs are awesome. And you can tell they are high quality. I just can’t justify spending 5x on something else. Not being critical of anyone else. People choose different places to spend their money. I would be embarrassed to tell you guys how much my truck cost. But, I’m pretty content with my cheap glass.

RokSteady

FNG
With the advance in small optics quality, my spotting scope has stayed home for a very long time....

But with 'old knees', the trekking poles have become a MUST, especially for packing out.

S.Clancy

WKR
Expensive optics, expensive camo.I've killed the piss out of animals for years without either.