A Quick Review of Schnee's Outlook Boots

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
A Quick Review of Schnee's Mission Boots

I just wanted to give a quick review and my impressions of the new Schnee's Mission boots. First of all let me start off by saying that Schnee's customer service is awesome! I started on a search for some new boots this summer and had wanted a pair of non-insulated boots for early season, as I have some Mendel insulated boots for later in the season after the snow starts falling. Now for the complicated part, I live in Florida and there is absoutely no where in the state to try on any decent boots, save but a few pairs of hikers.

I intally ordered a pair of Beartooth boots size 12 wide. The boot fit my foot well, but when I bent down and flexed it, the front eyelets bit into the top of my foot horribly. I called Schnee's and explained the situation and was told to send them back and they would send me a pair of Outlook boots to try on. The boots were out of stock at the time but would ship soon. Fast forward to August, I checked on the order and was told that the boots would ship the second week of September. Well a week or two latter the boots had not arrived, a call revealed that they did not arrive in the large shipment from Italy with all of the new styles. No fault on Schnee's as the shipment information was incorrect. They told me they would send me a pair of the new Mission boots for the same cost due to the mistake, way to go even though I felt it was not their fault. The boots arrived two days before I had to leave for my week antelope hunt in Wyoming.

I was skeptical if they would even fit since they were only offered in a medium width. I was supprised, they fit snug in the width, but not tight and the length was good. The only downside for me was that the insole was lacking some support under my arches due to the shape of my feet. A quick trip to Travel Country and I had a pair of Superfeet Trailblazer insoles that felt like they should do the trick. And now off to Wyoming for five days with no break-in:confused:, I brought a pair of back up boots just in case. I hiked about 30 miles that week and never got a single blister and only one minor hot spot of the first day. I had to play around lacing the boots until I figured out where I needed everything to lock my heal in. After a week in the boots I can honestly say I am pleased with them. They kept my feet in good shape and had enough support. It was hot so I had thinner socks on and I think I could have used a bit of a thicker sock to take up a bit of volume without having to lace them as tight. The sole is stiff enough while still allowing enough flex when walking in the flater areas. When climbing up steep hill sides and valleys I could stay on my toes without the sole flexing excessively. My feet stayed dry crossing a creek and didnt get hot. They seemed to breathe better than my other boots with goretex lining. My feet never got excessively sweaty even with temps hovering near 80 degrees. They held up great and dont show and wear more than would be expected.

If I had to point out any cons they would be minor. I would like to see the heel lacing eyelet placed a litter deeper down the side of the boot, this would make it a bit easier to lock in my foot, also on day four the boots devloped a bit of a squeek under the laces on the toes. This may be due to the type of laces or just the conditions being do dry and dusty. However neither of these would disuade me from buying another pair or recomending them to someone, just my personal experince. Overall I am very pleased with the boots and Schnee's customer service has turned me into a customer for good. I hope this helps anyone that are considering these boots.
20171016_092409.jpg
20171016_092359.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Loebs

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know why the thread says Outlook Boots instead of Mission, but I can't change it in the edditing mode, sorry about that.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't know why the thread says Outlook Boots instead of Mission, but I can't change it in the edditing mode, sorry about that.

Thank you for your business Loebs and for the awesome review! Sorry it took so long to get your boots delivered but I'm glad they worked out well for you.