A random story in the life of......

Last summer, like every summer for the last decade, I had a large garden that I worked several days a week in the mornings/evenings. Generally, I worked barefoot because, who doesn't like getting the soil in between their toes ? Mid season last year i was doing some early morning planting. I had just finished smoothing out a new planting area, picked up my planter and started dropping seed in the ground. As I'm pushing my planter along, I suddenly had some intense pain in my left foot and heard a very audible pop, which was quickly followed by my inability to support my body weight on my left foot. I as fell and looked down, I noticed i had left my hard tooth garden rake with the tines facing upwards and the 3 tines were pulling out of the sole of my foot. I think I tapped a bone in this process because i tried to stand up and put the faintest of weight on my injured foot to see if I could make it back in the house. Well my constitution... or my body's need for self preservation said "OOOOh no you don't" and sent me right back to the ground. After a few minutes I was able to gather my wits and one foot hop up to the house to get the foot soaking in some salt water and call the Dr. to get my foot inspected..

Lesson learned... Shoes would have prevented this, properly leaving tools on the ground would have prevented this too..

Who else has a random story ?

Sandstrom

WKR
That sucks! At least it wasn’t like in the cartoons and the rake came up to hit you in the face to ad insult to injury!! Hopefully everything healed up for your foot!
Ryan

PaHunter86

Lil-Rokslider
Had my 60in mower deck propped up against my wood pile while I was pressure washing it. I brought it out on a 2 wheel dolly. What I didnt realize was how close the dolly was to me. So I got done with washing it off. I tipped it my way to put it back on the ground to do the otherside. Well guess what the mower deck clipped on the way down. Yep the 2 wheel dolly. It flipped it up and the handle smacked me hard on the back of my head. I woke up to my wife shaking me yelling my name. I'm not sure how long I was out but I had to go get stitches on the back of my head. Had a really bad concussion. And to this day I sometimes stutter while talking. Lesson learned that day was always be certain of your surroundings.

svivian

WKR
I was at the gym in college and ran into a buddy deadlifting. He had just hit a new PR and was giving me shit he surpassed me. Of course my college ego would not allow such a thing. I through on an extra 45 pound plate on each side and refused the belt. I managed the weight up but afterwards something didn't feel right and I wasn't sure if I had just given my self a hernia.

Later that night I am doing some after school extra curricular activities with a girl I had met earlier that week. After I climaxed I noticed a large lump above and to the right of my unit. Of course I pressed on it as I was concerned what it was.

Well it was my right Testicle..... and when I pressed, it shoots back down and thumps the bottom of my sack and I faint right there next to the bed. Since then my junk hasn't been the same but the DOC said I was ok and no hernia.

🤷‍♂️

bobinmi

WKR
My oldest daughter was 8yrs old. I had been very clear about avoiding the pallet near our burn pit because it had staples and nails in it. Cut to the afternoon when I hear a screech. I knew what had happened before I even got there. There was a tiny finish nail poking through the end of her pinky toe.... Thankfully she was up to date on her tetanus shot and after pulling it and cleaning it out we gooped on the anti biotic ointment and moved on.

ODB

WKR
When I was 14 we were cutting a hole in the floor for a spiral staircase. I was sitting on the edge holding the boards so they wouldn’t fall and damage the floor below. My dad was cutting with a skilsaw and cut one board too far. I fell from the 2nd floor to the 1st and landed flat on my ass. I’ve struggled with a bad back since.

A few years before we were cutting wood at the church with some friends. The head in the splitting maul was loose and my dad told the guy not to use it as it would fly off. The guy (a know it all) said, “Charlie, that head will never come off.” On the very next swing, I happened to walk across near the guy, the head flew off, hit me in the stomach and plopped onto the ground.

eamyrick

WKR
When my boys were little the always demanded a balloon at the grocery store and it was great because it kept them occupied. One Saturday evening my wife was at work and I had my two year old at the grocery. I tied his balloon to the cart and he lost his shit. I cut the balloon off with my Spyderco and of course immediately he let it go. I jumped to grab it with my left hand forgetting the Spyderco was open in my right hand. I sliced my index finger to the bone and was bleeding everywhere with a two year old in the grocery and my wife at work. I cut off the blood flow to my finger with a produce bag (worked amazingly well) and went straight to the pharmacy and doctored my hand in the family restroom. Finished the shop and didn’t tell my wife until she got home. Went to urgent care and needed 9 stitches. My finger hasn’t been the same.

WCB

WKR
I was taking down a small shelf built by our houses previous owner. It was just nailed right onto/in-between the studs on the garage wall. I basically just hit it with a hammer a bunch and knocked it down in a couple pieces. After knocking it down I walked over to my work bench to get materials to put up a new shelf. Upon returning to the demo sight I stepped on 1 piece of the old shelf that I didin't pick up and was just about 6" wide and 16 inches long. It took me a solid 3 steps of walking like I had a flipper on to realize I had put a nail right through my shoe and out the top of my foot with a board attached.

I just stepped on the board with the other fight and pulled my impaled foot free.

Moserkr

WKR
Jumped off a cement retaining wall to a sidewalk in high school, maybe 5’ drop. The 2nd toe on my left foot hit weird for some reason, and it bent upwards 90* at the joint. I dont have a weird 2nd toe thats longer than my big toe either btw. Took my shoe n sock off, saw the tip of my toe looking at me, said this is gonna hurt, and popped it back into place.

CorbLand

WKR
Potato harvest back when I was in high school, I was working with my brother to get a piler hooked to a pickup so we could move it to another cellar. Well he is jacking the back of the pile up to line the hitch up and I am backing the pickup up. I hop out, walk back there and he is trying to figure out how to get the handyman jack to release and I tell him there is a release on the bottom. He looks at it and kicks the release but left the handle down. It shot the handle up, caught him right in the chin. Like any good brother, I ran to make sure he was ok...after I got up off the ground from laughing. Dropped his ass like a sack of...well potatoes. He bit his tongue and it swelled up pretty good and he could barely talk for a couple days.

Story number 2.

My brother lived in New Mexico for a couple of years and didn't live that far from work so he would just walk there. He was walking to work one day and had cross the only intersection between him and his office. He stopped at the cross walk, waited for the green light for him to cross. Last thing he remembers was taking a couple steps and then he was sitting on curb with someone saying his name. Some lady had ran a red light and hit him at 30-40 MPH. Took him to the local hospital, did x-rays and couldn't find a broken bone. The doctor could not believe this, so they strapped him to a back board and life flighted him to a bigger hospital in Texas. Same deal there. Some how the lucky SOB walked away with nothing more than a cut on his head and a little sore. The cut went through his eye brow and when they stitched it up, they didnt line his eye brow up so it always looks like he is confused.

Now for the funny part, which my sister in law still doesn't find that funny. I get a phone call when he is on the helicopter from my brother in the previous story about this. I leave work, run home to get packed in case I need to catch a flight to see him. I wait by the phone and I finally get a phone call from my sister in law, married to brother that got hit, that everything is fine. I ask if I could talk to my brother and she hands him the phone. Don't know where it came from in a time like that (it was a scary couple hours) but the first words out of my mouth were "so... you feel like you got ran over by a car?" We both still laugh about that.

Last edited:
OP
D
That sucks! At least it wasn’t like in the cartoons and the rake came up to hit you in the face to ad insult to injury!! Hopefully everything healed up for your foot!
Ryan

I laugh about it and I would have rather been smacked in the face by the handle than have my foot literally pop like a balloon.. I couldn't walk right for about 10 days. Its all good now and I still laugh about it. Sure as shit though.. about 4 months after that happened I was out in the backyard showing my wife something and one of the kids left the same damn hard tooth rake in the grass with the tines up and I almost stepped on the damn thing. I was bare foot at that moment too.. I was pissed about that

grfox92

WKR
The other day I was adding a stud to an interior wall, The lumber yard had sent some pretty crappy twisted up lumber so I was trying to twist my stud to my square line on the bottom plate and I felt my thumb snap back and touch my forearm.

I thought I had broken my the thumb off of my hand at first because I was twisting so hard, I immediately started making a fist with my hands and my thumb was working fine It just hurt really bad. I thought I was going to have torn ligaments and need surgery the whole nine yards but after a couple days I was able to use my hand normally.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TSAMP

WKR
I was at the gym in college and ran into a buddy deadlifting. He had just hit a new PR and was giving me shit he surpassed me. Of course my college ego would not allow such a thing. I through on an extra 45 pound plate on each side and refused the belt. I managed the weight up but afterwards something didn't feel right and I wasn't sure if I had just given my self a hernia.

Later that night I am doing some after school extra curricular activities with a girl I had met earlier that week. After I climaxed I noticed a large lump above and to the right of my unit. Of course I pressed on it as I was concerned what it was.

Well it was my right Testicle..... and when I pressed, it shoots back down and thumps the bottom of my sack and I faint right there next to the bed. Since then my junk hasn't been the same but the DOC said I was ok and no hernia.

🤷‍♂️
Howd you get the beans above the frank?

svivian

WKR
Howd you get the beans above the frank?
Doc said that my testicle retracted back through the tube where they originated from before maturity. Since there was no space for it there any more it caused a bulge. Apparently I strained enough for that muscle to retract it back up and there is nothing they could do really to prevent it from happening besides unnecessary surgery.

TSAMP

WKR
Doc said that my testicle retracted back through the tube where they originated from before maturity. Since there was no space for it there any more it caused a bulge. Apparently I strained enough for that muscle to retract it back up and there is nothing they could do really to prevent it from happening besides unnecessary surgery.
I was quoting from "There's somthing about Mary"

Attachments

• EdujOT8XoAEFLpU.jpg
    EdujOT8XoAEFLpU.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 38

RMM

WKR
Was playing a drinking game at a buddies house two summers ago called dice game. Essentially you have to throw a dice 10ft in the air and it has to land on the opposite side of the table. The goal is for it to take a crazy hop and hit the ground before the other team catches it. Well the opposite team had a good toss and I dove head first for the dice. Landed on top of my right hand and something felt weird. I pull my right hand out from underneath me and sure enough my pinky is dislocated at the middle knuckle. Without even hesitating, I grab the end of my pinky and pop it back into place. My buddy is standing about 6 feet in front of me and stood there with his eyes wide open speechless. He says "Have you done that before?! Are you okay?" I said I was fine and we continued the game. That knuckle is still noticeably bigger than my other pinky.

In high school I worked for the city mowing lawns. One summer we were loading some mowers and messing around with some glass bottles we had cleaned up from the park. The truck had a Tommy gate, hydraulic lift. We decided to try crushing the bottles….well I put my hand in between the truck bed and the Tommy gate holding a bottle. The next thing I know I am in huge pain and I take my glove off and my ring finger comes with it except for the nerves, which were still attached. Apparently in that finger there is a vein. I shot blood everywhere like in the movies but also passed out. Moving forward, I was 17 and therefore the hospital wouldn’t treat me, not even a bandage until my legal guardian got there. I passed out again and had enough. I went up to the counter and “spilled” my blood. I was immediate taken back. Get to the stitching, the dr was so amazed with my nerves, to this day all I remember is the dr shoving them back in and than passing out. That’s my ransom story. Haha