A Really Good Day in the Rock Pit

We had a really decent amount of early snow here and it has been slow melting off. Three/four Weeks ago I drove out to the rock Pit hoping to get in to do some shooting. Not a chance! the road was clogged with snow plus the County had plowed out turn around are and built a large berm of snow over the beginning of the Pit road. Well, yesterday, I decided to run out and take a look at the conditions. To my surprise a travel pass had been pushed through the berm and the road had been traveled and the pit was now accessible.

My main reason for this shooting trip was to shoot some bullets that I have had since 2017 but have never really given then a really good look see.

This is a picture of the 40 cal. projectiles that Lehigh has made at one time or the other. The 40x200 CF-HP has long been a real favorite of mine. Second bullet from the left. But the 230 grain bullets have long been something I really wanted to try. The two bullets on the right. One being what Lehigh call a 'broach' nose and one with slit petals. The 'broach' nose was designed to work down to 1200 fps. and the Slit petals down to 750 fps.

Lehigh-40-Cal.jpg

I also ran the Ballistics on these bullets - They print out really nice.

40x230-to-450-yd.jpg

Anyway here is a picture page of the outing.

2-10-937-Rock-Pit.jpg

Last edited: