A surface look at the Akusta vs DAS longbow limbs

HUNTCOAK

FNG
I have been shooting a pair of 35lb DAS longbow limbs on a DAS HT21 riser for a little less than a year now. Recently I wanted to make a jump in poundage so I went on to 3Rivers looking for 45lbs and they're backordered....
So, I decided to order a pair of Akusta longbow limbs from Lancaster and see how they stack up. As there is a shortage of info on the Akustas I figures I'd try and fill folks in on the differences I can see between them and the DAS. Please note that the following may be considered the meanderings of a madman, I am far from a subject mater expert.

My first guess, being that both limbs are coming out of China and are bamboo core, was that these may be the same limb just with a different paint job. That is not the case, there are subtle dimensional differences across the board. The Akustas also seem to have less R/D, if any at all, compared to the DAS. A more true comparison may with the new DAS "Classic" Longbow limb, but I'm not really sure.

Here is the limb profile of the Akusta.
Akusta profile

DAS limb profile
20220306_130808.jpg

Side by side
Blue Wood Floor Sleeve Wood stain

Akusta on the left
Furniture Wood Flooring Finger Wood stain

Akusta on the right
Sports equipment Wood Skateboard Rolling Tints and shades

Side by side of ILF fittings. Akusta on the right, it's about a mil smaller than the DAS. I don't know if that's significant, just something I noticed.
Wood Hardwood Jewellery Gas Button

The Akustas draw quite smooth for me but I don't have much to compare them to. I have shot Samick R3, W&W Black Wolf, DAS Bamboo, and that's about it.
My draw length, using an Easton draw length indicator shaft, on the HT21 puts me right at 28.25"
At that length the limbs are pulling:
46.68lbs bolts all the way down
41.40lbs bolts 3 turns out
36.58lbs bolts 6 turns out
So it seams to check out that that the Akustas are rated in the middle.

Unfortunately, I do not own a chrono so no speed tests just yet. Maybe this summer if I can find one on the cheep.

That's all I have for now, hope it helps folks that may be looking into the Akustas. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Onski316

FNG
I've been looking at those Akusta's. Any update on performance or how do you like them after you've had a chance to shoot them for a while?

bobinmi

WKR
Id be interested in how they perform how do they compare depth wise? The akustas look very wide for a longbow limb but its hard to tell without them in hand.