A video of my first hunt with a traditional bow - pigs in Australia

Hi all,

Here is a short video I put together of my first ever hunt with my recurve bow. There is no happy ending for me but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot of things. I hope you enjoy it. I'm open to any feedback at all, about both the hunting and the video. I'm new to both traditional archery and video editing/production so can use all the help I can get.

Cheers.

OP
W
I bet you don’t sir! 😂

I’ll be interested to see if you get back on that boar next time you go out there.
That mob has been in that area for a few weeks now, but once the sows are off heat, I'm not sure where they might be. I'll head out again in a week and a half but I'll have mates with me who are rifle hunters. We might just shoot plenty of deer and pigs to keep the farmer happy anyway, and get some protein in the freezer.

That's a lot of action for a first hunt! Keep it up man and keep sharing.
That's how it goes over here a lot of the time, mate. Very target rich environment for me, luckily enough.

OP
W
It is, mate. It takes finding the game out of the equation in a difficult way.

Of course, being so much game around makes it a difficult hunt because there are lots of eyes on you at all times.

OP
W
Cheers, mate.

Going out this afternoon but it's not a target rich environment by any means. I may get some video of me shooting so I can critique my form a bit more. It'll be a big fitness walk instead of a stalk, I think.