A zone archery

OP
F

flytrue

FNG
This spot is coastal, I get to escape the inland heat, and get to hunt. I'll have a smile on my face.

JNDEER

WKR
Nice.

That big buck on your property back this year?

Have any luck this season at LS?

Great pics! Going this weekend to check some cameras for the first time this season. Can’t wait.

What was on your cameras 805?

No 1st day shooter but a few bucks and plenty of bears. Had a camera or card malfunction on another camera so nothing from that spot. Reset a few and will check hopefully before rifle opener.

slobow

FNG
805 Live Locally..I assume because of the 805?? More bears than deer hitting cams this year for some reason. Im actually glad I will be out of town on opener as I truly detest A zone conditions. Good luck to all!

JNDEER

WKR
Should all be very excited with the temp changes and a heat wave coming. 100+ for opening weekend!

Did some scouting in the 805 this week with my buddy who has a tag. He was pumped for archery opener. After checking out some spots his take away was “This seems pretty much impossible”

Good luck to everyone hitting the hills for archery!

805 Live Locally..I assume because of the 805?? More bears than deer hitting cams this year for some reason. Im actually glad I will be out of town on opener as I truly detest A zone conditions. Good luck to all!

Usually get a lot of bear activity in June and July as it’s their mating season.
With a lot of water still around the deer seem a little more spread out this season.
I won’t be hunting opener and not sure how much archery I will do but always look forward to rifle opener with my buddies and our traditions.

Azone

WKR
I have to work opening day but I should be able to get out Sunday to check a few old spots out in the Los Padres, if the brush has not grown back too much already.
That whole coast needs another hot fire to go through again to clean up all the dead crap left from the Sobranes fire and Basin complex fire.

Usually get a lot of bear activity in June and July as it’s their mating season.
With a lot of water still around the deer seem a little more spread out this season.
I won’t be hunting opener and not sure how much archery I will do but always look forward to rifle opener with my buddies and our traditions.

I agree that the deer are way more spread out. I have access to a large property that usually has a few good bachelor groups roaming around as there is year round water on the property. Not this year. Have seen one small forky but am seeing bucks all over neighboring properties as there is still available water at these places. Amazing seeing what last winter has done

MeatBuck

WKR
I agree that the deer are way more spread out. I have access to a large property that usually has a few good bachelor groups roaming around as there is year round water on the property. Not this year. Have seen one small forky but am seeing bucks all over neighboring properties as there is still available water at these places. Amazing seeing what last winter has done
The stickers and ticks sure benefited from it. I sat over water all day Saturday and saw zero game. Cameras had nothing buck wise so I yanked blind and moved cameras. Did get some shakey footage of a nice hard horned bull elk with cell phone and binos at 410yds. He was bedded about 100yds above my blind and cams but in the past 3 weeks had no pics of him. Saw 8 Deer while glassing today but couldn't put horns on any of em. Gonna try a different spot tomorrow.

The stickers and ticks sure benefited from it. I sat over water all day Saturday and saw zero game. Cameras had nothing buck wise so I yanked blind and moved cameras. Did get some shakey footage of a nice hard horned bull elk with cell phone and binos at 410yds. He was bedded about 100yds above my blind and cams but in the past 3 weeks had no pics of him. Saw 8 Deer while glassing today but couldn't put horns on any of em. Gonna try a different spot tomorrow.

Man, this weekend I was out trying to get to a spot where I could glass for some bucks and I have never had so many ticks crawling on me in my life. It was bad. Every time I feel an itch I swear one of those damn things is burrowing into me.

MeatBuck

WKR
Man, this weekend I was out trying to get to a spot where I could glass for some bucks and I have never had so many ticks crawling on me in my life. It was bad. Every time I feel an itch I swear one of those damn things is burrowing into me.
Ya I found two deer ticks and a "regular" tick on me today. Those little deer bastards have the Lyme disease and I've been fine combing every itch and irritation since I got home. I hate them suckers!

MeatBuck

WKR
Even worse are the "no see ums". Woke up this morning covered in bites. Dozens of them. Itchy as all hell. I usually get one or two bites from a day outdoors but this is beyond poison oak itchy. I've gotta see what kind of preventatives I can find for these nasty parasites.

JNDEER

WKR
Lots of bears for sure. Seemed to be more in the mating mode back in May. Don't forget the felines, some would think they are on the verge of extinction! but they are thriving around me.

Had my opp opening day and the trees saved not one, but two bucks opening day. Not a good way to start out the year, but I still have time to fix that. Don't

JNDEER

WKR
tcam pics and opener bachelor group of our giant A zone California bucks-lol

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 19
  • get some.jpg
    get some.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 20
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg