A Zone Chatter 2020

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Not too many deer out today with high winds and 3day weekend stomp sesh. Still saw one small buck and another on private on way home. They were more active from 10a-12p than any other time of the morning. 4 of em had to quench their midday thirst but the buck stayed up on hill as they went down to drink. Was still in the 77-85 degree range at 530-6a. Not great for activity.
Also snagged a fire hose and two shovels and a pick left by crews. Hose is good other stuff had the handles burnt off but still good otherwise.
Little flair ups all over the hill too.48BD6C67-2C00-4D45-9094-21B7349BE139.jpeg

Last edited:

JNDEER

WKR
Great day in northern a zone. Cool, breezy and little to no haze made for great glassing!👍

Last few weeks of A zone should be interesting. Maybe some dink’s will stand a chance to survive now. Good luck to everyone!

Just a bit smokey this morning... heard 4 shots from the same area and had a side by side park 150 yards down the ridge from us to glass. Oh the joys of heavily pressured A zone.BBA7366F-B917-42DA-8ADB-3245FB352CAD.jpeg

If u don’t mind me asking, what’d they set u back?
I paid $900 used for them. I haven’t looked through Swaros but the general consensus I’ve found is that the meoptas are 95% of the Swaro performance and less than half the price.
Called the hunt around noon, didn’t see much moving and eventually lost visibility due to smoke but it sounded like some road hunters at the bottom of the drainage shot a buck.

Last edited:
OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Saw a few does n fawns last evening after three younger guys (or kids) with a dog were shooting ground squirrels with a shotgun down the hill from me. Then just around last light a guy walks up on me with nothing but a slingshot. Guy acted like I scared him but I was just sitting there glassing. Tried to make small talk but I wasn’t interested and packed up my stuff to leave as he walked away same time. I hung around for a few more minutes before heading back and as I came off the hill I saw him driving away. When I parked and hiked to my glassing spot there were no vehicles around.

This am was mostly does n fawns, 15 deer total, 2 spikes before smoke hazed out my view.

One week left.

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
2 does last evening and 14 more today. Got cold for the first time this season, didn’t expect that when I was getting dressed this am.
Probably saw a spike but was too far to tell, was half ass chasing a doe that’s y I think spike.

Anybody seeing any sort of pre rut or anything?

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Noticed the same thing regarding the weather this morning. The forecast called for an overnight low of 60F, but I had 51F at the house at 445, which surprised me, too. It felt good.

jfs82

WKR
Im down in the suburbs of the peninsula, but all the bucks that lived on my hillside disappeared about a week ago so I'm assuming they went chasing tail.