A Zone Chatter 2020

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Saw two bucks hanging together in my part of a zone last week, ruts over here. B zone they should be pretty rutty right now. M11 going on, wish I had that tag.

Scott13

FNG
Moved here with my wife this summer, looking to get rolling scouting, hanging cams, etc. in preparation for next season. Country out here is new to me, never hunted it before. I've been trying to dig up good resources for black tail biology/behavior, and have got the CAFW publications, but was hoping to get my hands on more up-to-date resources on feed, cover, habitat, behavior, etc.

Any chance y'all could point me to some good reads for Blacktail for the off season? Appreciate it.

Moved here with my wife this summer, looking to get rolling scouting, hanging cams, etc. in preparation for next season. Country out here is new to me, never hunted it before. I've been trying to dig up good resources for black tail biology/behavior, and have got the CAFW publications, but was hoping to get my hands on more up-to-date resources on feed, cover, habitat, behavior, etc.

Any chance y'all could point me to some good reads for Blacktail for the off season? Appreciate it.
Welcome. Theres really almost no good new information on blacktail in regards to California. Theres a good podcast on a traditional archery podcast thats helpful, look up "the trad quest"...youll see it, its the most recent episode I think. Otherwise id check blacktail trophy tactics 2, thats a great resource... I would honestly just go explore and scout...best advice I can give you is look in the thickest nastiest brush with feed and water near by.

Scott13

FNG
Welcome. Theres really almost no good new information on blacktail in regards to California. Theres a good podcast on a traditional archery podcast thats helpful, look up "the trad quest"...youll see it, its the most recent episode I think. Otherwise id check blacktail trophy tactics 2, thats a great resource... I would honestly just go explore and scout...best advice I can give you is look in the thickest nastiest brush with feed and water near by.
Appreciate it - would explain my trouble finding resources on the interwebs. Will do.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Yes I can help. Where are you planning on hunting in A zone?