A32 - LA/Ventura Late Season either sex archery

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any advice on this hunt? I can't really find much info on it, so anything helps!
Been e-scouting, and planning on getting boots on the ground soon once it cools down a little.
Thanks!

fish impaler

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted this tag quite a few times. Success rate is 3-5%, deer density is pretty low in the hunt area. They use the same areas year round. PM me if you have specific questions,

I’m hunting it this year and hunted it last. Private property access is best. If not, you need to put a lot of boot leather down and pattern. As mentioned success rates are low, even for an either sex tag. Most of the zone is not very accessible. With that said, it’s doable. I’ve talked to several locals who fill the tag every year. Get off trail, go deep. I think success rates are low because most aren’t willing to put in all the work. I’ve seen plenty of does and some decent bucks.

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I’m hunting it this year and hunted it last. Private property access is best. If not, you need to put a lot of boot leather down and pattern. As mentioned success rates are low, even for an either sex tag. Most of the zone is not very accessible. With that said, it’s doable. I’ve talked to several locals who fill the tag every year. Get off trail, go deep. I think success rates are low because most aren’t willing to put in all the work. I’ve seen plenty of does and some decent bucks.
That’s what I kinda had figured. No private land access unfortunately... unless you wanna give me some?;)

1. Scout as much as possible

2. Stash water at your hunting spot ahead of season so you can hunt your spot longer

I punched a32 last year and I'd say those were the 2 most helpful things I did.

Unfortunately there are no hot tips for this hunt. The success rate is low because of the terrain and a small deer population. If you want to be successful you need to get boots on the ground, find some deer, and have a plan come opening day.

SpringTom

FNG
1. Scout as much as possible

2. Stash water at your hunting spot ahead of season so you can hunt your spot longer

I punched a32 last year and I'd say those were the 2 most helpful things I did.
I drew A32 this year. I'll definitely take heed to your recommendations.

Thank you

Cquil7

FNG
Unfortunately there are no hot tips for this hunt. The success rate is low because of the terrain and a small deer population. If you want to be successful you need to get boots on the ground, find some deer, and have a plan come opening day.
Going to give this one a shot this year too. When you say terrain, do you just mean steep or thick or both? From what I can tell from e-scouting, vegetation looks like it could be pretty thick in the sespe wilderness area.

Going to give this one a shot this year too. When you say terrain, do you just mean steep or thick or both? From what I can tell from e-scouting, vegetation looks like it could be pretty thick in the sespe wilderness area.
Yeah thick and steep. Generally dry as well although this year things are looking better.