AAE DOA Rest experience?

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
looking for any first hand experience with this rest. I have been through Trophy Taker, Ripcord, QAD...all with failures within 12 months of purchasing new.

I just put the DOA on my Prime Logic and it's an easy set up but want to hear about any likes or dislikes from someone who has extended experience with the rest before I replace the Ripcord on my RX-3.

Set up seems easy, timing adjustments simple to control. Love that it stays cocked when you let down. That's what drew me to it. My thought right now is to throw a Hamskea on the RX-3. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

TravisIN

WKR
I love my hamskea. It’s not going anywhere. I put a doa on my wife’s bow though. The only complaint I have about hers is the windage adjustment. Hers is the version where you slide the fork along the metal rod. So the adjustment is very crude and kind of a Pita. I was thinking there was a newer version called the prophecy that has a better set up. Other than that I really like the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one. I shot it all last year. Like what was said, the windage adjustment is a real pain. It functions as it should.

One issue I had was elk hunting this year I noticed that one of the forks on the rest had bent and was all out of whack. I think I had left the rest in the up position and strapped the bow to my pack. The heat must have made the thin plastic that the rest is built out of get soft and stay in that position. I ended up having to bend it back and check my zero.

Because of that, ill probably sell it with my old Halon 32 and stick with my QAD or hamskea micro tune.

OP
deadend88

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, that is the one aspect I've noticed is that the launcher doesn't seem bomb proof like the Hamskea. I just keep burning up cash on rests and I am over it. Hameskea it is on the RX-3 and then I am sure I will buy a second for my Logic.

Lawnboi

WKR
Skip the Doa and get the prophecy. Left/right adjustment is a pain on the DOA.

The launcher will bend but not break easily. A spare launcher is normal to keep around regardless of what rest I have.

Other maintenance like replacing a cord is simple on the aae.

I am staying with aae because I can set the launcher and leave it like a qad. I won’t own another hunting rest that lifts the arrow every shot.

TravisIN

WKR
Thanks guys, that is the one aspect I've noticed is that the launcher doesn't seem bomb proof like the Hamskea. I just keep burning up cash on rests and I am over it. Hameskea it is on the RX-3 and then I am sure I will buy a second for my Logic.

Love my hamskea. I can’t imagine putting another rest on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
Skip the Doa and get the prophecy. Left/right adjustment is a pain on the DOA.

The launcher will bend but not break easily. A spare launcher is normal to keep around regardless of what rest I have.

Other maintenance like replacing a cord is simple on the aae.

I am staying with aae because I can set the launcher and leave it like a qad. I won’t own another hunting rest that lifts the arrow every shot.

I agree with Lawnboi about getting the prophecy instead of the DOA. It i definitely an upgrade. I did like the DOA though. I had better luck with the AAE rest as opposed to a QAD.

OP
deadend88

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with prophecy over the DOA. Already one of the tines has snapped off the launcher on the DOA.It's a week old. Two brand new Hamskeas ordered this morning. Sending the two Ripcords back for replacement and then unloading them. Will keep the DOA for an emergency. Thanks for all the feedback