AAE Hyrbid 26 vs blazers

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
I just started taking arrow building seriously and purchased an Arizona mini fletching jig. I’m putting together an arrow build and I’m curious what the opinions are on fletching. I’ve seen some videos by Elk shape on YouTube that suggest the max stealth vanes in 3 fletch with the Arizona jig is the most stabilization you could have. So my question is will the aae max stealth, or aae hybrid 26 which has same dimensions but doesn’t require the prep work, stabilize a broadhead better than blazers?
I shoot 30 inch draw at 68 lbs.
arrow build is going to rip tko with 50 grain insert and 150 grain Broadhead. I’m probablly going to try both the magnus stinger as well as VPA three blades this year.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dkime

WKR
Blazers have proven to be a flatter shooting vane in my experience. I don't think any of us have a good method of measuring "in flight stability" of a broadhead. I shoot Hybrid 26s because of the lack of vane prep required

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Bill from Ironwill seems to think that you need 4 of the 26 version, yet can get away with 3 of the .5 inch high vanes. Anyway I know alot of people that shoot 3 Stealths without any issue, I think either would be fine. AAE will be much heavier, and the Blazers will be louder.

OP
Bmoore

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
Bill from Ironwill seems to think that you need 4 of the 26 version, yet can get away with 3 of the .5 inch high vanes. Anyway I know alot of people that shoot 3 Stealths without any issue, I think either would be fine. AAE will be much heavier, and the Blazers will be louder.
The AAE are .5 high? Blazers are .56I assume that is what your referring to? 3 of the blazers or 4 of the AAE?
In any case I would run 3. I have the mini max which does three at once and I just don’t like the look of 4 to be honest.

I’ve shot blazers in the past because that’s what comes on every arrow in the shop, but now that I’m getting into building my own I just curious if there are better options for fixed blades specifically. The AAE seem to be popular so I’m just curious if that’s just my perception from the things I’ve seen or if they really are a better option. Thanks for the input.

Zac

WKR
AAE are not quite 0.5. I'm no expert but I think the Blazers will stabilize quicker out of the bow, however the Stealths may fly better at range due to that lower longer profile. I like a quicker stabilizing vane for hunting. I think something that is going to immediately correct that broadhead out of the bow in a high adrenaline situation is more important than a higher ballistic coefficient at range. That being the difference is probably very minimal. Also I would use a Blazer substitute like the AAE HP. They have the vents similar to the 26 and a solid base. I fine the adhesion to be a little easier. Also they are a little lighter. Max Hunter is also a solid option as long as you have clearance.

OP
Bmoore

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. I didn’t realize there was vents on the AAE. I might try out the hybrid HP or just stick with blazers. For hinting I limit myself to 40 uards. Hunting white tails from trees it’s easier to that than western styles of hunting. But I like to throw a few broadheads at 60 from time to time because it makes 40 feel easier.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Thanks for the input. I didn’t realize there was vents on the AAE. I might try out the hybrid HP or just stick with blazers. For hinting I limit myself to 40 uards. Hunting white tails from trees it’s easier to that than western styles of hunting. But I like to throw a few broadheads at 60 from time to time because it makes 40 feel easier.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those options. If you want to mess around just use wraps then you can strip them easily and refletch with something else.

I just started taking arrow building seriously and purchased an Arizona mini fletching jig. I’m putting together an arrow build and I’m curious what the opinions are on fletching. I’ve seen some videos by Elk shape on YouTube that suggest the max stealth vanes in 3 fletch with the Arizona jig is the most stabilization you could have. So my question is will the aae max stealth, or aae hybrid 26 which has same dimensions but doesn’t require the prep work, stabilize a broadhead better than blazers?
I shoot 30 inch draw at 68 lbs.
arrow build is going to rip tko with 50 grain insert and 150 grain Broadhead. I’m probablly going to try both the magnus stinger as well as VPA three blades this year.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Curious what you ended up going with? I'm looking to make a jump from Blazers to something similar for the same reasons as you.

I think the reference to 0.5 dimension above was talking about the max hunters...they are a high profile shield cut vane also from AAE designed for fixed blade heads.

I have arrows in both 3 and 4 fletch configuration with AAE 2.6 max stealth and hybrid as well as 3 fletch max hunters and all fly well with fixed heads.

I quit using Blazers for reasons other than stabilization. First, they are loud...all I can hear is that annoying hiss as they leave the bow. Second, over the years I and several others I know have had trouble getting blazers to adhere consistently...white ones seem to be a constant offender in this regard. And third on a personal level I have a real problem with the Blazer marketing engine that puts their vanes everywhere and obviously over charges for the product you're getting.

Your mileage may vary and I'll likely get flamed by the Blazer fans but over the years I've arrived at a couple of arrow build configurations with AAEs that I have absolute confidence in and that work for me. I also quit using the 3 prong plastic jigs as well in favor of a Bitz as it provides more control over helical and distance from the nock.

Toby0415

FNG
AAE hybrids and it’s not even close. They’re quieter, adhere better, and offer better correction/steering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk