AAE Max Hunters on Victory VAP

SDHNTR

WKR
My brother bought some off the rack Victory VAP 350's and they have no helical to the stock vanes. I normally shoot AAE Max Hunters and have lots of them, but I don't shoot micro diameter arrows. I told him I'd help him out re-fletching, but will 3 Max Hunters even fit on those skinny shafts? I use an AZ EZ Fletch mini fletching jig if it matters.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
I never found a jig that could put hard angles on skinny shafts very well, but I never had the AZ EZ Fletch mini jig either (which I assume is the Mini Max). Instead I made a set of adapters that make it easy to put hard angle fletching on skinny shafts using the Bitzenberger straight clamp, which I describe in the thread below if you're interested. I know that those vanes will definitely fit on that skinny shaft as I've done it with my adapters, so if you already have the AZ EZ fletch MiniMax jig I'd give that a whirl on one at least. If you don't like the results PM me.

Zac

WKR
It should work just fine. However I wouldn't mess with it. What he has is a 1 degree offset with 3 Blazers. It's hard to perceive the offset, but it is there. Blazers in this configuration work just fine. Your just going to destroy the carbon if you go peeling them off.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Destroy the carbon? Seriously? I’ve refletched hundreds, if not thousands, of arrows over the years.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
IMHO, even a 1 degree angle is easy to see relative to straight fletch. And everything I've read on "studies" shows that 3 degree angles is the best balance of speed and forgiveness. Even with 3 degree jigs on that skinny shaft, each vane will only wrap a total 40 degrees around the shaft when viewed from behind, or 1/9 of the way around the outer diameter of the shaft. You could easily do four fletch if you wanted without any issues whatsoever.

The AZ EZ Fletch mini or mini max should both work fine on shafts that skinny.

Last edited:
I’ve used the AZ mini on a bunch of Injexion sized and other G series shafts with Max Stealth. It works great, pretty heavy helical but will control BH great!

If you use a Zip Strip (yes, pricey) you can safely remove vanes from a carbon shaft, and have zero damage to the carbon arrow.

Attachments

• Zip-Strip.png
    Zip-Strip.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Zac
I use a potato peeler to strip the vanes from carbon shafts. A trick I saw on a youtube video. Works great and is cheap.

Ambush

FNG
I've done dozens of that exact configuration with a blazer jig including refletching. Flew very well, always ask myself why I ever changed.