AAE Max Stealth vs Blaser

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I currently run Blasers on my setup, but have been intrigued by the AAE Max Stealth for a while. For those who use them, are they noticeably quieter than the Blasers in your experience? Solid flight characteristics? Thoughts? Thanks guys!

-Jim

Trial153

WKR
I been using them since Dan had them under the TT label. I really like them. They are stiff and durable, can’t say any more so than blazers. However they have plenty of surface area and work very well with the large fixed blade heads I tend to use. As for noise ...honestly I can’t tell much difference. I never thought blazers were especially noisey. In fact the only vanes that sound louder to me tend to me Large Shield shaped vanes and they have to be large...
On the max stealth...they are quite a bit heavier then blazers.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shot blazers forever wanted to try the max stealth and shot them for a season. I didn't really notice a difference. I've went back to blazers because I can never find the stealth locally and the blazers offer the same performance at a cheaper cost

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I tried both, the AAE for me wouldn't stay on as long as blazers. They flew similar.
I switched to the Blazer heat.
I tried the blazer ice and just don't feel they offer the stability.

For me its blazer Heat 4 fletched

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I been using them since Dan had them under the TT label. I really like them. They are stiff and durable, can’t say any more so than blazers. However they have plenty of surface area and work very well with the large fixed blade heads I tend to use. As for noise ...honestly I can’t tell much difference. I never thought blazers were especially noisey. In fact the only vanes that sound louder to me tend to me Large Shield shaped vanes and they have to be large...
On the max stealth...they are quite a bit heavier then blazers.

Good to know, I have been considering the switch to a larger fixed as well from the Killzones I currently use and hoping to achieve and overall quieter arrow, but obviously it need to still have excellent flight.

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I tried both, the AAE for me wouldn't stay on as long as blazers. They flew similar.
I switched to the Blazer heat.
I tried the blazer ice and just don't feel they offer the stability.

For me its blazer Heat 4 fletched

What do you personally attribute that too in regards to not staying on as long? Just the material probably?

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Don't even try the Max Stealth without the special primer. My last hunt was (almost) ruined by this oversight.

My ignorance of primer/glue usuage per their specs.
I can wipe, prime and glue any other vane with no issue. I will own that I didn't follow their spec's but my results were very inconsistent. .
I had some AAE that performed perfectly, even with pass thrus on my rhinehart. Yet others just would not stand up to much abuse at all. Very inconsistent in how they adhered.

I will add I don't do arrow wraps.

Trial153

WKR
i dont use the primer. i clean the shafts with etoh. I take the vane from the pack and use regular loktight impact gel. fletching them on a modified bitz. I bought 500 vanes and i am half way through them without issues.

I use them although not the max stealth version. I stocked up on trophy Taker version before they were no longer available. They are significantly quieter than blazers and almost the quietest game I have shot. They perform very well and stick great for me. I clean with acetone and use gorilla with the blue top. I think it’s impact tough version.

i bought some AAE vanes to try out after seeing them on a lot of peoples arrows and couldn't get them to stick so i just threw them in the trash. I don't know why they require more prep than everyone elses but I've never have had to do that with blazers, q2i, or vanetec vanes.

Lawnboi

WKR
I switched. They are quieter, especially noticeable indoors. Don't know if it makes much of a difference.

I glue them per aae and have no problems with them sticking to a wrap. In fact they stick better than blazers and are tougher imo.

They are a heavy vane. I like them and plan to continue running them.

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
My ignorance of primer/glue usuage per their specs.
I can wipe, prime and glue any other vane with no issue. I will own that I didn't follow their spec's but my results were very inconsistent. .
I had some AAE that performed perfectly, even with pass thrus on my rhinehart. Yet others just would not stand up to much abuse at all. Very inconsistent in how they adhered.

I will add I don't do arrow wraps.

Thanks man, good info!

Aae also just released a hybrid vane, it's made with the plasti fletch material but same cut as max stealth. Not quit as stiff but still durable, the real benefit though is u don't need the wipes or primer pen and they stick amazing. As far as noise I believe the max stealth profile is quietest on the market, and add a solid profile broadheads they will never hear it coming on those longer shots

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Aae also just released a hybrid vane, it's made with the plasti fletch material but same cut as max stealth. Not quit as stiff but still durable, the real benefit though is u don't need the wipes or primer pen and they stick amazing. As far as noise I believe the max stealth profile is quietest on the market, and add a solid profile broadheads they will never hear it coming on those longer shots

Definitely what im looking for, thanks man!

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider

How would you compare the Plastifletch durability to a Blaser? the Blasers have been plenty durable for me, so if their similar, that sounds perfect.

How would you compare the Plastifletch durability to a Blaser? the Blasers have been plenty durable for me, so if their similar, that sounds perfect.
Can't say for sure because they are so new to me and have not been through a full season, but I don't for see any issues. Imo I think they will be plenty durable.
cc4f7a4feda0624a31497e0fc9b881f3.jpg

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Can't say for sure because they are so new to me and have not been through a full season, but I don't for see any issues. Imo I think they will be plenty durable.
cc4f7a4feda0624a31497e0fc9b881f3.jpg

Did you fletch those with helical or offset jig? If offset how many degrees?