AAE Max Stealth vs TAC Driver 2.25 --- 4 Fletch

Alright now youve trigged an annoying noob like me to ask for more details lol - which FFP vane would you recommend for general fixed broadhead use, and then mechanical use? Sounds like speed plays into it for you? If this is an annoying question feel free to ignore hah

I think the best all around hunting vane in that is the FFP 360. Mechanical I'd recommend the same thing, not because you can't get by with less vane, but because in a hunting situation where your form might have issues you still want as much vane as possible to correct issues as fast as possible.

Really the sk300 would be fine too.

Those vanes are used in a mix of field archery, 3d, and hunting. So speed plays into it, but also wind resistance.

Vandal 44

WKR
did you do any 4 fletch? also on the flight was it close between all 3? i am doing some 4 fletch Heat now
J.J. I only did three fletch. It was really close between the TAC and AAE. If I would have fletch the Heat Vane in 4 fletch it would have right in the mix IMO

I should also say I was shooting a bigger BH, Valkyrie Jagger 180 & 160 gr.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
I am shooting 4 fletch Max Stealth, does the 3 grains per vain really make a difference? Also does the stiffness of the TAC drivers help with broadhead flight?

I’ve used both the TAC vanes and aae. They all pretty well work. But I did have issues with the TACs curling. They adhere fine, but some curled on me which led to me not using them.

Other than that, group size and arrow flight seemed about the same. Shooting vanetec 2.5’s now in a four fletch. Honestly will probably go back to flex fletch or AAE in a three fletch.

4ester

WKR
I've seen a decent number of posts about the issue of getting the tac vanes to adhere. Are the Q2i fusion x-ii vanes not similar profile? The Q2i vanes have a wide base and I've had no adhesion issues with them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Interesting how people have different results. I had all kinds of adhesion issues with Q2i vanes, and that’s prepping with acetone and using maxbond. Switched to Bohning and haven’t lost one years except by shooting holes in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting how people have different results. I had all kinds of adhesion issues with Q2i vanes, and that’s prepping with acetone and using maxbond. Switched to Bohning and haven’t lost one years except by shooting holes in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing sticks like Bohning. I wish they made the X3 vanes in a 2.75"-3". I like the Heat material but wish they were longer.

I shoot Vanetec 2.8" shield cut vanes in 4-fletch now but wish they were tougher/stiffer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
TAC vane curling is caused by excess primer pen, per the owner of the company in one of our many discussions we've had trying to get my vanes to stick to victory v-tac arrows.

TAC vane curling is caused by excess primer pen, per the owner of the company in one of our many discussions we've had trying to get my vanes to stick to victory v-tac arrows.
Yes, I tried TAC's and hated them- they fly great but the primer pen would put nothing out or dump a gob and those all curled- I am used to Max Stealth and never had adhesion issues. I had many of the TAC fall off.
One thing that doesn't get talked about much is arrow diameter- a micro or 4MM will get spinning easier with less drag therefore less fletch may be needed - such a fragile balance between all the components when talking about fletch performance. I've gone away from 4 fletch, tried a bunch and good old Max Stealth in a EZ fletch helical seems best overall for controlling my Iron Will solids and wides.