AAE Max Stealth won't stick

Ucsdryder

WKR
Max Bond - almost $16
Primer Pen - $15
Vanes that don't stick - very frustrating

Other vanes that stick and stay stuck using cheap $5 Loctite Professional Super Glue without any extra prep at all- Priceless.

5miles, that was my point as well but Dudley promotes them so it’s obviously worth spending 3-4x more!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Switch to Q2i vanes
Excellent adhesion qualities and the bases make for a very clean application.

I really liked the Fusion vanes when they first came out, but those flimsy Saran Wrap type bases were horrible. The new Q2i Fusion Xii's have outstanding bases that stick until you take them off, and that's still a chore.

I really like Maxbond glue. I used it for years with my Quickspins, but for whatever reason it would go bad after about 6 months and then freshly applied vanes would start falling off. That and the last bottle I had, the top warped so badly that it looked like a claw and then split down the side. Have no idea what caused that to happen.

ontarget7

WKR
I really liked the Fusion vanes when they first came out, but those flimsy Saran Wrap type bases were horrible. The new Q2i Fusion Xii's have outstanding bases that stick until you take them off, and that's still a chore.

I really like Maxbond glue. I used it for years with my Quickspins, but for whatever reason it would go bad after about 6 months and then freshly applied vanes would start falling off. That and the last bottle I had, the top warped so badly that it looked like a claw and then split down the side. Have no idea what caused that to happen.

I still have a bunch of original Fusion and they sucked to be honest.

I feel Q2i vanes are the best overall option today IMO. Durable, quiet and great adhesion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
I've tried two times now trying AAE Max Hunters and they won't stay glued on. I glue to a Bohning wrap which I wiped down with acetone and wiped each fletch at the base with acetone and they will not stay on. I'm done with them. Went back to Blazer X2's. No issues with Blazers.

Brendan

WKR
I've tried two times now trying AAE Max Hunters and they won't stay glued on. I glue to a Bohning wrap which I wiped down with acetone and wiped each fletch at the base with acetone and they will not stay on. I'm done with them. Went back to Blazer X2's. No issues with Blazers.
AAE Max vanes have an activator on the base of the vane. That's why you need to follow the process and not just what you like to do...

Follow the directions, use new glue, you can't get them off with pliers.

Only thing I don't like about them is they're heavy. I'm running a 4 fletch 3" Vanetec that's the same weight as 3 fletch max Stealth.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re not sanding the shiny clear coat down then they aren’t going to stick period. That needs to be scuffed up to get any vane to stick.
never had this issue with any other vane (blazer, firenock, an a couple of others), just acetone shaft and the base of the fletching let it dry, then use gorilla glue and hold for 10s, that sucker is not coming off. now with AAE, I've tried the primer pen, max bond glue, vanes pluck right off. tried new glue (its 50/50 if they stay on at all). Only other time i had this issue was on FMJ.

Max Bond - almost $16
Primer Pen - $15
Vanes that don't stick - very frustrating

Other vanes that stick and stay stuck using cheap $5 Loctite Professional Super Glue without any extra prep at all- Priceless.
Using same glue with Blazer vanes on Bohning wraps and no extra prep. Works great.

xcutter

WKR
This year I did break down and buy the AAE kit for installing there vanes and haven't had a single vane come off. Kit consists of AAE arrow cleaning wipes, primer pin and max bond glue.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
never had this issue with any other vane (blazer, firenock, an a couple of others), just acetone shaft and the base of the fletching let it dry, then use gorilla glue and hold for 10s, that sucker is not coming off. now with AAE, I've tried the primer pen, max bond glue, vanes pluck right off. tried new glue (its 50/50 if they stay on at all). Only other time i had this issue was on FMJ.
Was at at the shop today and they told me to try the Gold Tip glue as I was going to buy another AAE one to make sure the other two I had were bad. Said sure why not, night and day difference, they stuck immediately and held fast. When pulling on the fletching the arrow bends and it will not let go, previously the best i was able to get with the AAE glues/primer pen, was to stick, but if you tugged they would pop right off.

Now to fletch up a bunch of arrows

Trial153

WKR
The main steps with any AAE max vanes is two fold. First a dead clean shaft via acetone or ETOH, the primer pen on the vanes. The glue seems to be a none issue if those two steps are followed, that said I stick with max bond as it have worked excellent. It also applies clear and clean and doesn't have the tendency to white up like many other super glues.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah tried the gorilla.impacy glue it's my go to for fletching.

I'd agree the primer pen is key, but I've had very mixed results using gorilla glue in the vanes and the primer pen. Same wirh the aae max bind glue as well.

Wonder.if environmental.factors are the reasons some.of.us are having a harder time.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Zach429

FNG
Make sure your pressing that primer tip down hard into a paper towel before you start. Could be the pen tip isn't fully saturated with primer liquid and being adequately applied to the vane.

Marble

WKR
I had issues trying to get the vanes to stick to wraps. Got rid of them and the entire had one fall off since.

I did notice that if I prime one vane and glue it on after the primer dries, then it sticks and it isn't coming off. If I prime several at a time, they don't seem to stick nearly as well.

One at a time works really well. Ill be a repeat customer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
I do the same thing. I only prime one vane at a time and have had great luck. I use the AAE package (wipes and primer) kit you can buy from Lancaster as well as the AAE glue.

TX_Diver

WKR
I do the same thing. I only prime one vane at a time and have had great luck. I use the AAE package (wipes and primer) kit you can buy from Lancaster as well as the AAE glue.

Old thread, but I have good luck priming 4 at a time (one arrow's worth).

Joshk358

FNG
I had the same problem with Max Stealth vanes without wraps. Now I have wraps and use the primer pen, wipes and aae glue and those things are not coming off at all.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Manged to get mine to stick, turns out I think the primer and all my glues were bad even the new ones? Anyways switched glues like I mentioned above to the gold tip, and boom those suckers are not coming off.