AAE Pro Drop aka Nock On Elevate Rest

wayoh22

WKR
Anyone run either of these? Just looking for some input. Pretty sure they're the same but regardless, thinking about giving one a try for this upcoming year. I currently have a Hamskea but the idea of being able to secure the arrow with the holder so it's not moving around interests me.

Last edited:
I used a Nock On Elevate rest for over a year on my old bow...easy to set up and overall, it was fine.

I too was drawn to it for its potential to keep my arrow from moving when still hunting/spotnstalking, or even steep angled shots...it helped keep the arrow from lifting 'up' off the rest when shooting a steep angle at a 3d course or TAC event.

In truth, the little pinchers don't hold it as well as I had hoped...I even DIY'd a small piece of D-loop material from 1 'arm' of the green arrow holder, to the other...underneath my arrow, in efforts of keeping the pinchers closer together more often. This worked and did help, but another complaint I personally had, is with how gigantic of a screw each of these two rests utilizes where the launcher arm attaches to the rest...that sits right under your arrow so on my HTR and Vertix...once an arrow was nocked, it would sit atop that giant screwhead and even with silent tape of your choosing...I just simply didn't like it. I've been using a QAD for the last 2 yrs which does just as good, if not better, at keeping my arrow contained.

However, the QAD doesn't exactly 'hold' your arrow still either...the launcher arms are simply taller and closer together than the Elevate or Pro Drop, so my arrow doesn't move side to side as much when trying to move around silently.

I JUST rolled the dice and purchased a Shaffer XV arrow rest last week in hopes of finding something that will truly keep the arrow contained when nocked. There's little to no info on the XV but it's been slightly improved recently and the few reputable people I've spoken with who have one, they swear by it...I hope to be in that same crowd here soon. Will make a post about my thoughts on it once I've got it on a bow and had some time with it.

To your original question though, they're identical rests...Dudley's version has some MINOR nuanced differences. and it's green. I think you'd be fine with either one.

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the nock on elevate on one bow and pro drop on my main bow. Only difference I notice is the colors. I do believe my nock on came with more options as far as target blade and maybe multiple containment bars...I can't remember.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
I used a Nock On Elevate rest for over a year on my old bow...easy to set up and overall, it was fine.

I too was drawn to it for its potential to keep my arrow from moving when still hunting/spotnstalking, or even steep angled shots...it helped keep the arrow from lifting 'up' off the rest when shooting a steep angle at a 3d course or TAC event.

In truth, the little pinchers don't hold it as well as I had hoped...I even DIY'd a small piece of D-loop material from 1 'arm' of the green arrow holder, to the other...underneath my arrow, in efforts of keeping the pinchers closer together more often. This worked and did help, but another complaint I personally had, is with how gigantic of a screw each of these two rests utilizes where the launcher arm attaches to the rest...that sits right under your arrow so on my HTR and Vertix...once an arrow was nocked, it would sit atop that giant screwhead and even with silent tape of your choosing...I just simply didn't like it. I've been using a QAD for the last 2 yrs which does just as good, if not better, at keeping my arrow contained.

However, the QAD doesn't exactly 'hold' your arrow still either...the launcher arms are simply taller and closer together than the Elevate or Pro Drop, so my arrow doesn't move side to side as much when trying to move around silently.

I JUST rolled the dice and purchased a Shaffer XV arrow rest last week in hopes of finding something that will truly keep the arrow contained when nocked. There's little to no info on the XV but it's been slightly improved recently and the few reputable people I've spoken with who have one, they swear by it...I hope to be in that same crowd here soon. Will make a post about my thoughts on it once I've got it on a bow and had some time with it.

To your original question though, they're identical rests...Dudley's version has some MINOR nuanced differences. and it's green. I think you'd be fine with either one.
This is great insight, thank you!

Acpinn

WKR
Bringing this back to life...anyone had problems with the set screw cutting the cord in half? I can't even get 12 shots out of the bow before the cord is trashed.

Attachments

• 20220813_190834.jpg
    20220813_190834.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220813_144022.jpg
    20220813_144022.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 16
sorry to say but that's not the correct way to use it so that might be why you're having problems.
you're supposed to come up from the bottom and cut the cord above the arm then melt a ball and lightly tighten the set screw.