AAE Pro Drop Question

TX_Diver

WKR
I just picked up an AAE Pro-Drop and love the adjustability but have 2 (probably stupid) questions/concerns.

1 - Unless I draw back extremely slow/smooth/level, the arrow wants to bounce when I hit the back wall and often comes off the rest. I do not have nock pinch issues (even while checked at full draw). Other rests I've had some bounce when I hit the stops, but never had an arrow bounce off the rest. I think it's partially related to the launcher angle as it's pretty shallow so a slight bounce probably pushes it down further/therefore is less restrained from falling off? Is there an alternate launcher blade that works on the rests?

2 - The launcher sits extremely far forward to the point that it hits the back of the impact collar on my arrow if I pull into the wall too much. Again this may be able to be resolved by adjusting the blade angle but just wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar or has other suggestions.

Cheers

TJ

WKR
I have a pro-drop on two bows and have not had any of the issues you describe.

When the rest is in the up position is should be at a 30 degree angle or so at least. Also, I've have never had any issues with bounce when drawing.

Do you have your rest set up to be limb driven? The rest is held down when the bow is at rest (cable tension) and when drawn the rest rises as you draw (slackens the cable).

If your arrow collar is hitting the rest I think your arrows are too short.

Pictures?

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Arrows are probably too short based on new rest. No conflicts with previous rests though and I'd rather not order new arrows so figured I'd get some 2nd opinions first.

10gr collar @ full draw
bGxA2ysh.png

10gr collar pulling a bit harder against the stops
CFZZSXrh.png

25 gr collar @ full draw
PLVnyiuh.png

25gr collar pulling harder against the draw stops
RsiAiU3h.png

MattB

WKR
Are the stops both hitting at the same time? The notion of essentially pulling through the stops doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Stops hit at exact same time on the draw board and appear to when I'm shooting based on video. It's a Hoyt RX3 Ultra - 65lb at 30.5" DL. Coming from shooting a Prime last year the backwall is definitely less solid. I typically don't pull into the wall hard enough to have the short collars hit but it's annoying me in that I have to pay attention to it!

TJ

WKR
The rest at full draw looks correct.

Once the rest rises it shouldn't bounce. Maybe the bounce you are experiencing is coming from the arrow collar hitting the rest?

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
I'll draw a few without a collar today and try to hit the back wall hard and see if that's the case. Very possible option. Thanks!