AAE Vanes Comparison

Anyone ever done a write up or comparison of the AAE vanes best suited for hunting?

If not, I will be doing my own comparison on length, height and weight.

Looking to switch from Blazer vanes to a lower profile. Either 3 or 4 fletch.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riplip

WKR
There are numerous videos/articles regarding AAE vanes out there. Dudley from Nock On uses AAE, he has several videos on vane selection and testing. Max Stealth or Hybrid are both lower profile and a bit longer than the Blazers. Seem to be a bit quieter as well. I have found that the AAE's need an arrow wrap for better adhesion.

I’ve used them for years, maybe 10 (?). I use wraps and glue them with superglue ultra gel control.

They are lower profile and have less chance of contacting the rest, ect.. They fly well, are quiet. I use 3 vanes, helical.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve played around with the AAE Max Stealth. I never used wraps and didn’t have any problem getting them to stick using Gorilla super glue.

I didn’t find them to be any better than Blazers or Q2i Raptr or the Fusion ii. The Q2i vanes didn’t require a primer pen.

I found the Blazers to be the better option of the ones I tested and that’s what I’m going back to.

406unltd

WKR
Ive used 4 hybrid 26 for a while. Max stealth before that. They are both durable, affordable, and perform great with fixed heads.

TheTone

WKR
Currently using hybrid 26’s in 4 fletch. I’ve had no issues with adhesion and good flight with multiple fixed broadheads. I shot blazers for years but wanted just wanted to try something different

CB4

WKR
Max Stealth and Hybrid 26 are the exact same shape. Just made out of a slightly different material. I used them for a year and now run the TAC Drive but going to mess with Hybrids on a heavy helical this spring.

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I've done the following configurations with great results:

1) 3 fletch AAE Max Stealth. Straight.

2) 4 Fletch AAE Max Stealth. Straight.

3) 3 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. Straight.

4) 4 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. Straight.

5) 3 Fletch AAE Max Stealth. 3 degree helical.

6) 4 Fletch AAE Max Stealth. 3 degree helical.

7) 3 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. 3 degree helical.

8) 4 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. 3 degree helical.

They ALL performed. I found that the 3 degree helical in any configuration made the Max Hunters seem loud to me. Just cutting the wind. They all steered well and steered even better with a helical. I struggled with priming and gluing at first but eventually got them to stick by cleaning EVERYTHING with denatured alcohol and using green cap gorilla glue gel superglue.

I now shoot a 3 fletched Q2i Fusion II in 2.1" with a 3 degree helical. I shoot this because they're quiet and durable and take much less prep to glue.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
3 fletch max stealth slight offset and helical has been accurate for me. Pro max 4 fletch was also very good for me and smaller fixed heads and mechanicals.

Max Stealth and Hybrid 26 are the exact same shape. Just made out of a slightly different material. I used them for a year and now run the TAC Drive but going to mess with Hybrids on a heavy helical this spring.
Newbie resurrecting an old thread. Since you're considering going back did you like them and just not find the perfect set up? I'm currently going down the rabbit hole of getting some arrows done up and keep looking at the hybrids vs the max stealths. Been shooting blazers with annihilator broad heads and seems loud. Might switch to Iron Wills after this season, and I think Bill shoots Max Hunters on his setup, but they seem loud to me.

DeePow

FNG
I've done the following configurations with great results:

1) 3 fletch AAE Max Stealth. Straight.

2) 4 Fletch AAE Max Stealth. Straight.

3) 3 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. Straight.

4) 4 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. Straight.

5) 3 Fletch AAE Max Stealth. 3 degree helical.

6) 4 Fletch AAE Max Stealth. 3 degree helical.

7) 3 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. 3 degree helical.

8) 4 Fletch AAE Max Hunter. 3 degree helical.

They ALL performed. I found that the 3 degree helical in any configuration made the Max Hunters seem loud to me. Just cutting the wind. They all steered well and steered even better with a helical. I struggled with priming and gluing at first but eventually got them to stick by cleaning EVERYTHING with denatured alcohol and using green cap gorilla glue gel superglue.

I now shoot a 3 fletched Q2i Fusion II in 2.1" with a 3 degree helical. I shoot this because they're quiet and durable and take much less prep to glue.
Any tips on applying vanes with helical? I started dabbling with helical last week and I had to reel it in because the front tip wasn’t making good contact.

Last edited:

MoeJoe517

FNG
It's pretty hard to beat the Max Stealth in a 4 fletch straight config or 3 fletch 3 degree helical. I've tried a ton of different vanes and IMO the AAE Max Stealth are a solid choice. I've been using them for the past 5 years. I am trying to remove some weight from the back of my arrows so I've moved from 4 fletch with a 5" wrap to 3 fletch helical and ditched the wrap and lighted nock. It made a noticeable difference in flight.

CB4

WKR
Newbie resurrecting an old thread. Since you're considering going back did you like them and just not find the perfect set up? I'm currently going down the rabbit hole of getting some arrows done up and keep looking at the hybrids vs the max stealths. Been shooting blazers with annihilator broad heads and seems loud. Might switch to Iron Wills after this season, and I think Bill shoots Max Hunters on his setup, but they seem loud to me.
If you are between hybrids and max stealth I would just go with the hybrids so you don't have to worry about the primer pen. I see no difference in adhesion between the two. Either will be better than blazers. I also see no accuracy differences yet between the two or even the TAC vanes. All fly the same for me.

If you are between hybrids and max stealth I would just go with the hybrids so you don't have to worry about the primer pen. I see no difference in adhesion between the two. Either will be better than blazers. I also see no accuracy differences yet between the two or even the TAC vanes. All fly the same for me.
Right on, thanks!