Abandon camps before opener

In WA this behavior is a cultural norm.

If you are relatively new to an area, consider that there may be some local folkways you are less than familiar with.

The eastside is straight up Hatfields vs. McCoy's during archery Elk in some areas...people get super defensive of "their" spots.

ChrisAU

WKR
I was kinda irked to find an outfitter's cache last year deep in a wilderness area, and it was pretty apparent they weren't hunting 1R and the stuff hadn't been used for archery/muzzleloader either. Pots, pans, grill grates, coffee pots, a shovel, hacksaw, and in the creek behind the cache a tattered tent, sleeping pad, and a tarp. Was tempted to look up the outfitter for the area and call CPW but didn't. The pans/grill grates were nice for cooking grouse on :cool:

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Utah is the worst I’ve ever seen. Big camps setup a month before season through a month after. Even in wilderness backcountry now the YouTube Instalickers have spike camps setup mid summer through November. I can find them on Google earth easily.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was kinda irked to find an outfitter's cache last year deep in a wilderness area, and it was pretty apparent they weren't hunting 1R and the stuff hadn't been used for archery/muzzleloader either.

How do you know it was an outfitter? That sounds more like an individual's stuff.

ChrisAU

WKR
How do you know it was an outfitter? That sounds more like an individual's stuff.

Looking through a google image archive there was a wall tent right next to the tree the stuff was stuffed under way back, can't remember exactly what year.

Last year I went out two weeks ahead of my season and stashed stuff. I didn’t set anything up, other than a tarp over my gear. We stashed water, and gas, and food, and some other odds and ends. I put a sign on it, and said that this is my stuff. I’d like to camp here between theses dates, but if you beat me to it, you are welcome to the spot. If you need any of my stuff for an emergency, please contact me, so I can replace since I’ll be hunting for 9 days. It’s public land, and I could tell the spot was used in previous years, though it looked like it hadn’t been used in a few years.