ABB lead time?

Hoot

WKR
Anyone have a recent order with ABB? How quick were they to ship?

I had an order with Gas for ghost xv camo strings, that I cancelled yesterday, the wait is just too long right now, they are having some supply chain issues with covid, understandably, so I ordered a set of ABB platinum's to get me through this year. I am anxious to get my (new to me) rx4 ultra up and going soon, and wondering if I need to order a set from a different builder that can get them out to me asap...

Thanks!

MT257

WKR
Not sure on ABB, but talked to threadz strings yesterday said if they were ordered yesterday they would be shipped today.

geoff995

WKR
I’m having a similar issue with gas. Ordered on 3/21 with an estimated ship date of 5/4. Talked to them last week and I’m still 1-2 weeks out on them even starting to build my order. I’m just going to wait it out since I’m already 2 months in. Unless these strings just blow my socks off I’ll more than likely go with another company next time.

ZDR

WKR
I ordered new ABB platinum strings in April and the lead time was ~14 days or so through my LBS.
Calling is probably the best option

Gas bowstrings helped me out big time last fall, I was about to cancel my order due to the lead time but they got them to me a few days after I contacted them just in time for my hunt.

CB4

WKR
ABB is 2 days.

GAS will give you 5 week estimate but then proceed to push that back 2-3 more weeks. I ordered strings in January from GAS that didn't arrive until April. Not to mention their customer service was terrible to deal with.

OP
Hoot

Hoot

WKR
I have had great luck with gas strings and will go back to them once the supply chain issues for their ghost material are worked out....

when I called them they had some strings that they could have gotten out to me right away, but I declined due to wanting camo or subdued colors for hunting. They really do have great service, I just can’t wait much longer with antelope starting aug 15th. I ordered 4/4, and they’re currently shipping from the second week of March.

i ordered abb and they said 5 business days to ship, but that’s why I was asking for anyone’s recent experience, I didn’t know if that was pre-Covid or if they really are getting them out that fast...

CB4

WKR
I have had great luck with gas strings and will go back to them once the supply chain issues for their ghost material are worked out....

when I called them they had some strings that they could have gotten out to me right away, but I declined due to wanting camo or subdued colors for hunting. They really do have great service, I just can’t wait much longer with antelope starting aug 15th. I ordered 4/4, and they’re currently shipping from the second week of March.

i ordered abb and they said 5 business days to ship, but that’s why I was asking for anyone’s recent experience, I didn’t know if that was pre-Covid or if they really are getting them out that fast...
I ordered a set from ABB late April and they shipped in 2 days. Ordered a backup set mid May that shipped in 2 days as well.

One thing to keep in mind about GAS strings is that they have a few archery shops they handle that get priority. My bow is sitting at the shop with a 4-6 week estimated lead time, the shop gets them that quickly so they’ve gotta have some sort of arrangement and I’d imagine my shop isn’t the only one.

Zac

WKR
When you get to the point of a fair assessment, I would love to hear it.
I've been running ABB for a while. Mine are twisted to the left which is why I like them. They are very good at giving you the exact serving size for whatever nock you are running. I think I had to put a twist in a cable after around 400 shots or so. It's basically a very solid 452X. No complaints here.

TravisIN

WKR
ABB are a really good string and ship super fast. I ordered as set of gas strings 12 weeks ago and don’t have them yet. I think gas makes a better product but the wait is horrible. Don’t know if it’s normal or not. My ones from last year are still doing great and being almost mid June and my bow is tacking I won’t change them unless I have a failure. I’ve never had strings on my bow for two seasons but it may happen this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dgagno1

FNG
Just ordered ABB. GAS has a great product and it seems like huge demand. My last set took 4+ month, the excuse was rain and flooding. Wanting to order a new set in July with a possible ship date of late September has forced me to give ABB a try.

Saw my first set of gas strings at my local shop the other day. They looked like garbage with all the color bleed on the white strand. They told me that was the 3rd set they had gotten like that. No way I’d put what I saw on my bow. Also one was still in the package unopened it was that apparent.