ABB Platinum or GAS Ghost

CB4

WKR
Seems like GAS Ghost may use a better overall string material with a blend of 452x plus a better dyneema. However ABB has other technology and processes in place to make 452x better. Which to go with?

This will be going on a Mathews V3.

OR Archer

WKR
I currently run and have installed hundreds of the ghost XV strings. It’s been by far the most stable material I’ve seen. So it gets my vote.
ABB however is a very good string as well. Either way you’re not making a bad choice.

Catahoula

WKR
I switched to GAS Ghost last summer. No issues thus far. Also, bought a set of GAS Ghost for my spouses bow that still has yet to be strung. Likely to replace with same on my secondary bow as well.

OP
CB4

CB4

WKR
Ghost, just be prepared for a different feeling bow.
Can you explain? I had a set of standard GAS string on my old bow and didn't see a difference. Other than my strings before it being 5+ years old.

Hoot

WKR
I love the gas ghost xv strings, they’ve been very stable for me.

a friend of mine shoots abb platinums on his 80# Hoyt and they’ve also been super stable.

gas gets my vote, both companies offer a military discount as well...

ia bhtr

FNG
Have run both , GAS gets my vote as well , standard ABB threads can stretch some , don't think the Platinums will move much tho , both good , but as stated , my vote goes to Ghost threads

dkime

WKR
Can you explain? I had a set of standard GAS string on my old bow and didn't see a difference. Other than my strings before it being 5+ years old.
Ghost is going to have a stiffer feel, you may not notice it at all depending on what strings you've shot in your life. It's a much different draw cycle, and shot impulse. The strings are not going to move much as others mentioned, what this means is the bow is going to be absorbing more of the shot impulse. It's not a bad thing, just be prepared for it. I just had to put a dab of low strength loctite on a few bolts and life went on. The strings have little break in and once theyre set, theyre set.

Gas Ghost for about a year now. It's a nice solid string. I will be buying one in the future for my other bow.

OP
CB4

CB4

WKR
Did some research today. Saw that ghost strings are made with BCY 454. so the material isn't solely used by them anymore.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ghost is going to have a stiffer feel, you may not notice it at all depending on what strings you've shot in your life. It's a much different draw cycle, and shot impulse. The strings are not going to move much as others mentioned, what this means is the bow is going to be absorbing more of the shot impulse. It's not a bad thing, just be prepared for it. I just had to put a dab of low strength loctite on a few bolts and life went on. The strings have little break in and once theyre set, theyre set.
Are they made to spec diameter? The only time I ever noticed a big change in how the bow felt was with a different diameter string set from spec.

dkime

WKR
Are they made to spec diameter? The only time I ever noticed a big change in how the bow felt was with a different diameter string set from spec.
Yes, biggest difference in feel on draw cycle for me was in the cables routing through a cable slide. I typically shoot factory strings and have good luck with the stock elite strings but serving gaps are going to be a little different between the two. Biggest difference overall is on the shot

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
i would go with someone who is reputable who builds the string start to finish. I use twisted X. Shane builds all the strings himself and i think there is greater attention to detail and pride when someone like that builds the strings. Now, i do own a set of Gas Ghost strings and they are great, nothing wrong with it, but if i order the same thing again from them i may not get the same performance or quality as the one who built them before. I do think aftermarket strings are superior to the strings that come on bows and since your spending your money choose whoever you want, i am sure they will great.

cured_ham

WKR
No experience with GAS but the bow I recently bought came with barely used ABB strings that did not even have a peep. The serving was frayed on one of the yokes. I called ABB and they sent out a new yoke set at no cost. They were very helpful and responsive.

OP
CB4

CB4

WKR
I ended up ordering some GAS strings this morning. Thanks all.