Access by boat

Jaker_cc

WKR
Has anyone ever accessed a spot by boat or canoe?? I hunted a spot this season that would be so much easier to access by boat than how I did it. What did you do with the boat while you hunted?? I’d be worried leaving it tied up for a few days or week while I hunted

rclouse79

WKR
I stumbled into a boat that I can use this last year. I day dreamed about using it to access areas but never got around to it. I also was worried about leaving it. I wonder if you could take the prop off and stash it close by. There is probably an easier way to disable the boat for would be thieves or pleasure riders.

TX_Diver

WKR
If you take a canoe get it out of the water (and above wherever the water may rise to in a storm.

Same with a boat, a small enough boat (which would inherently be harder to get an elk out with) may be feasible to pull the motor from and drag up the shore a ways depending on terrain.

Also have a backup extraction point downstream should you encounter mechanical failure, etc.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I've done it a couple of times with a canoe. I just hid it a bit, left it, and hoped for the best. It was an old canoe and my hike out would've been less than 15 miles so the consequences of theft were not that bad. Nobody messed with it. It was well worth it for me.