ACCESS by SUP

I was wondering if anyone has ever floated a river by SUP? I'm planning on heading into zippermouth river in northern BC and was thinking about paddleboarding instead of canoing. Anyone have experience with SUPs for access? Any success? Rams on SUPs pics?

I've done long days of fishing on lakes, rivers, and streams, nothing over night, on a SUP. I like the improved field of view you get while standing, vs sitting in a canoe or kayak. If the wind comes up, you can kneel to lower your profile to make paddling into the wind easier. If you're a qualified pilot for the water you plan to descend, no reason it shouldn't work if you're dressed appropriately and have plenty of drybags. When the wind comes up or there are waves, you are kind of in the water, vs on the water, ok n a SUP. I say go for it and share with us know what you learned.

OP
R
so I did the trip. Next time I'm going to bring thicker booties. I also would bring a second inflatable SUP in case you I'm successful because my ram kinda sank my 17' SUP

Upcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Now that's the first I've heard of a SUP hunting trip, but I love it!!! Way to think outside the box and get it done!