Accubond performance??

MtnOyster

WKR
Just set up a 7mm stw, it's tack driving Nosler trophy grade 160 Accubonds but I was wondering how it will perform on an animal from whitetail to elk, moose, or what ever, need some input on that round from the ones that shoot or have tried that it or the Accubond from a different caliber.

Dusty2426

WKR
Shoot accubonds in my 280ai and 338 win mag. Excellent terminal performance. Used it on moose down to hogs. Haven’t had one fail me yet. The moose was facing to me and 338 accubond penetrated 3/4 in front to back and was impressive. Had zero bullet recovery on elk and deer with 280 but excellent shock factor and very little run off. My experience has been excellent. I place it number 2 behind partitions.

accubond had been my favorite round so far. I shoot it in my only rifle- a .300 win mag. I have killed animals as close as 25 yards and as far as 455 and performance has been great. Doesn't fall apart at close range, get full expansion at longer range. Its like a super accurate partition. Another bonus- the much cheaper Nosler Ballistic tip have the same BC and same POI and can be used for long range practice.

I've had great success with the Accubonds in my 30-06 and my son's 300 WSM. I'm going to try and work up a load for my 280 AI using 140 gr. Accubonds. I have shot them into gallon water jugs to test for penetration, expansion, and weight retention from 25-100-200-300-400 & 500 yards. Very impressive results. You can shoot them with confidence!

You won’t have any issues with performance. I used them for probably 5-7 years with multiple animals per year. Great bullet I just moved to lead free

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a mountain goat and a caribou this year, 160gr accubond from a 7 Rem Mag. Goat was 205 yards and the caribou was 250ish. Recovered the bullet from the goat, perfect mushroom. Blew right through the caribou and he never got up. They are my go to bullet.

V65Magna

FNG
I've got a charge ladder of 130 grain Accubonds ready to test in my 6.5 X 47 Lapua as soon as the weather breaks. I have been using 123 grain SSTs with good success but wanted to develop something in the 130 weight range other than the Berger VLD. It's encouraging to hear that terminal performance is good. Hope to employ these for crop damage duty in the fall if they test out OK on paper.

Clark33

WKR
We nicknamed them the AccuBombs for a reason. Animals don't go far at all. Shoot them with confidence.

LaGriz

WKR
MntOyster,
I have been getting outstanding accuracy with the accubonds in my M700 Mt. Rifle chambered in .280 Rem. The 160 grain 7mm bullets group very well for me in this very ammo-finicky rifle. Have recovered a bullet from a long range kill on a slim-bodied whitetail. The shot was 440Yards according to my hand held GPS. I was aiming for the heart/lung and hit the animals neck and crushed him. I did consider the wind in my hold, but didn't compensate for it quite enough. I have also shot a similar deer at 40 yards with a complete pass thru and an instant recovery.

The late season cow elk I shot with my 338-06 had a similar result with no exit wound. She dropped instantly with little meat damage to a broadside lung shot that missed the large bones. I'm still a little puzzled that the 200 grain accubond (muzzle velocity 2800) turned her lungs to jello, but did not pass thru. I regret that I did not take the time to dig thru the gut-pile and locate the bullet. From your 7MM STW you must be getting some serious velocity! I would agree with the others who responded that you should be well served with this bullet in your rig. It sounds like you are pleased with the accuracy of the load. I believe the bullet will hold up to the high speed impacts at close range, and should perform well at long range. Let us know your results going forward.

LaGriz

mcseal2

WKR
They will perform very well. I've taken deer and elk with that bullet, they perform as advertised. It's my favorite all around bullet. I plan to use the 180gr Accubond from my 300WM on a moose this fall.

GLB

WKR
I load the 140 AB in my 7mm08, it's very accurate and so far has performed well. Two years ago I shot two good size blacktail bucks, one was at 50 yards and the other was 303 yards both with golf ball size exit wounds and DRT.

Great bullet. No muss no fuss.
I shoot in the 300wm and .280. Luckily i bought a lifetime supply of them in those and for the 25-06. Cant wait to shoot some with the .25
Thinking about some for the 375 ruger once i run out of barnes ttsx.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
They are the most reliable hunting bullet I've ever used. If your impact velocity is above noslers rated minimum they are devastating on game.

Jardo

WKR
Accubonds are gtg. I've hunted with them for 12 years now and have killed dozens of animals with them. I've not lost anything I hit good with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Studd muffin

Lil-Rokslider
I have had similar results to everyone on here with a 160gr in a 7mm Rem Mag. I have shot white tails from 20yds to 300 yds. Never lost a deer with that bullet. Not all shots were perfect either. It does blow one heck of a hole through the deer when shot behind the shoulder. We have also shot lots of pigs with them. Shots from behind the shoulder, in the shoulder, and the head/neck. All with the same results. Very short tracking job if it is even required. We have also shot 5 elk with the 160gr accubond. All one shot kills. It definitely does the job. I have no experience with moose though. I would assume at a reasonable distance they would perform well. Good luck, the 7STW and accubonds sound like a good combination.

Tld

FNG
I shoot 260s and 300s out of a 20” 375 ruger. Cow elk at just over 400 yards complete pass thru with 300ab. Cow elk at 137 yards with 300 ab, pass thru lungs which sat her on her butt, one in the chest...just because. Chest shot was recovered in back quarter, perfect mushroom. Neck shot on cow elk at just over 200 yards, drt, pass thru of course

mtmuley

WKR
If there is a better bullet that combines close range and long range terminal performance, I haven't heard of it. mtmuley