Accubond Tip breaking in Tikka T3x

Hey All,

Recently got a T3x in '06 and am currently shooting Federal Premium Accubonds 150gns, but would like to experiment with other Accubond factory loads/ handloads in the future.

When I hunt out of a stand, I load a round and keep safety on, then unload when its time to pack up.

I've noticed that the white tip of the round I've loaded/ unloaded a few times appears to have a bit 'shaved' off. Its almost like you take a razor and whittle just a bit off. At this point, it's too miniscule to even capture on a camera but i am worried about this being a recurring issue.

Should I have any cause for concern here? I'm sure the effects of tip-breakage on accuracy are debatable but I'd rather avoid it altogether.

Thanks!

madcalfe

WKR
that will more than likely happen with any bullet with a polymer tip out of any gun loading and unloading multiple times. nothing to worry about unless its actually breaking the tips.

Vern400

WKR
You could single load the first round. I do. That's because my self named "game reaper" rounds don't fit the mag. Theyre 2.850 oal and the mag accepts 2.83. pain, yes. 99% of the time a second shot is on another deer. And OH MY! That first round flies like a laser beam!