Accura MR?

Sturgeon

WKR
I've been looking at upgrading from my old Remington 700 ML and have been looking pretty hard at the Accura MR. I like the MR's stock, but am a little concerned about the performance out of a 25" barrel. I generally shoot Triple 7 pellets with Horndady Sabots. Most of my shots have been under a 100 yards, but there is opportunities out to 150. Will I get enough performance out of the 25in barrel? Does anyone have any experience with it?

What specific performance measures are you looking for? Accuracy? Velocity?

I've been shooting an MR for a year now and love everything about it. If you are concerned about accuracy, I shoot 1" groups at 100 with Barnes 290gr bullets and blackhorn 209 powder. I would like to play around with some different powder charges and see if I can figure out exactly what my gun likes best, but it shoots well enough that I haven't worried enough about it to mess with it much.

The reason I chose the MR over the V2 is when I shouldered the V2, I was looking just over the top of the barrel, so with a scope on it, I had to lift my cheek off the stock. With the MR, my line of sight is perfectly in line with the scope.

The nitride barrel and duratouch stock are super nice as well, and the trigger is as good as any muzzleloader trigger I've felt.

HunterEng

FNG
I have the accura v2...27inch barrel....I killed one of my iowa white tails at 165yds....I have I shoot hornady sabbots and triple sevens as well.....I have firgued with my configuration I'm good to 200 yds

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Accura MR and it’s the most accurate muzzleloader I’ve ever shot. Out shot my friends Thompson at 100yds. I don’t think you’ll have an issue shooting out to 150yds with the Bergara barrel.

2blade

WKR
I have one and at 100 yds I have pretty much 5 holes touching. Out shoots my wifes TC Impact, which produces a 1" group with a 26" barrel, and she shot her last deer at 212 yds. I wouldn't hesitate to take a 200 yd shot if needed.

I have the Accura MR and it’s the most accurate muzzleloader I’ve ever shot. Out shot my friends Thompson at 100yds. I don’t think you’ll have an issue shooting out to 150yds with the Bergara barrel.

I have one and at 100 yds I have pretty much 5 holes touching. Out shoots my wifes TC Impact, which produces a 1" group with a 26" barrel, and she shot her last deer at 212 yds. I wouldn't hesitate to take a 200 yd shot if needed.

Sorry for hijacking, but what are you guys running for bullets and powder?

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I have only shot mine with Hornady SST 250gr pow drag sabots, 100gr of Triple Se7en pellets and Triple Se7en 209 primers. I have had great results with it and haven’t seen a need to change it up so that’s been my combo for the last 4 years.

2blade

WKR
Sorry for hijacking, but what are you guys running for bullets and powder?

The MR and the Impact like 90grs Blackhorn 209, Federal 209A primers, a black Harvester crushed rib sabot, with just about any 250gr bullet. We are using Hornady XTP's currently. Barnes Spitfires work well but you can't buy the bullet in bulk, or at least I haven't been able to find any.

OP
Sturgeon

Sturgeon

WKR
Sounds like the gun will shoot better than I can. Thank you everyone for sharing experiences.

peddler

Lil-Rokslider
TC G2 Contender .45 90 gr. by volume Blackhorn 209 , 195 grain .357 Dead Center Sabots, CCI 209 magnum primers.

Blackhorn 209 is the best BP substitute, I wouldn’t shoot pellets if they were free.

JustiSmi

FNG
I know its a bit late to the party, but if you like everything about the MR but the barrel length, get the PR. Its the MR but with a 27" barrel.

OP
Sturgeon

Sturgeon

WKR
If they were selling a PR at Cabelas without the scope package I would be. That's what made me start looking at the MR. I'm sure I will be happy with the MR.