ACCURA V2 vs V2 LR

Aelee14

FNG
Hello everyone,

Looking at getting one of these rifles next spring, anyone have experiences with either rifle or done calculations to see if the muzzle velocity difference between 3 inches in barrel length has any substantial effect within 250/300 yards. Trying to see if the 30" LR is worth the extra price and more importantly weight, over the 27" V2. The Paramount uses a 26" barrel so i think that kind of answers the question, but looking for advise or anyone with numbers to compare. Thanks!

one consideration: MR is not tapped for any sights but a scope. So if you're hunting a state that doesn't allow scopes, you can't put open sights on (unless you want to spend considerable time and/or money). I would have preferred the extra barrel length, but can shoot with good "hunting accuracy" to 200 yards with my standard V2 with peep and front globe sights.

I have a Accura v2 27" bergara barrel paired with a vortex crossfire ll 3-9x40 BDC reticle. I shoot 104 gr Blackhorn 209 by weight (140gr by volume) with a parker black max 327 gr sabot with a magnum sub base between powder and sabot. And it shoots 1/2 MOA groups. I am also using the blackhorn breech plug with Federal 209A primers. Here is a pic of a gallon water jug at 525 yards with a 15 mph cross wind muzzle velocity is around 2500 fps. Using the strelok app and all parameters I dialed my turrets and drilled it first shot. Gun is sighted in at 200 yards and is 2 inches high at 100 yards. Shoots flat and packs a punch. Shot a bull elk at over 600 yards this year 1 shot and he dropped completely destroyed heart and lungs after traveling through shoulder bone. These guns will surprise you. I first started with SST 300 gr and power belts and scorpions and barnes TMZ/TEZ and none would shoot good with over 80 gr BH until I found the magnum sub bases from muzzleloadingbullets.com I instantly could shoot any bullet with any powder (777, pyrodex, pellets/loose and BH) and hold sub moa groups. I instantly saw about 200 fps increase in muzzle velocity with them as well as accuracy increase. I wouldn't worry too much about the scope mine was $150 bucks you just need to shoot it alot and figure out what works best in your gun but I would highly suggest looking at parker bullets they are pricey but what's a $2 bullet when you're shooting a 340" elk at 500 plus with a muzzy? After what I've learned there is no need to hunt with a rifle and wait twice as long to draw the same tag

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the Accura V2 LR and love the the gun however i do get some inconsistency when getting out to 200. I wonder if i need to also try the Magnum Sub Bases.... Do i just screw them onto the base of my powerbelt bullets?

ENCORE

WKR
I shoot the Accura V2 LR and love the the gun however i do get some inconsistency when getting out to 200. I wonder if i need to also try the Magnum Sub Bases.... Do i just screw them onto the base of my powerbelt bullets?

Powerbelt bullets are not really 200yd bullets. Might consider a better bullet.

I agree with encore the sub bases are designed for sabots not power belts. PB's are sized a few thousands smaller than sabots hence the easy loading. When I get home tonight I will post a pick of how they load into the gun

I had the Accura PR and now have the Accura LR 45. Its TH stock feels way better than it looks. All the Accuras are great shooters. The MR is a great carrying/treestand gun. All of the Accuras are capable of shooting to 200 if YOU can do it. Some argue that the long barrels are unneeded or excessive or unbalanced but I haven't found them to be unbalanced. I will buy another in the MR next year.

skinner

FNG
Hello everyone,

Looking at getting one of these rifles next spring, anyone have experiences with either rifle or done calculations to see if the muzzle velocity difference between 3 inches in barrel length has any substantial effect within 250/300 yards. Trying to see if the 30" LR is worth the extra price and more importantly weight, over the 27" V2. The Paramount uses a 26" barrel so i think that kind of answers the question, but looking for advise or anyone with numbers to compare. Thanks!
Hi guys, I am new here. I have purchased a T/C bonecollector and a cva v2 lr which I have been testing diligently with all types of bullets and loads. BH209 powder. Here is the run down. The T/C is light, seems to like sabots better than PB. The breech is great, fast removel. Has a nice feel to it. The cva accura v2 has a much better trigger to me. The gun is heavy but not too bad. The accura has the best accuracy by far. Both are nice guns. Both will get the job done. So far the cva shoots PB touching holes. Sabots 1 inch at 100 yds. T/C tends to be around 3 inches with PB and 1 1/2 for shock waves. These are 100 yd shots on a lead sled. Hope this helps.

HuntinMD

FNG
I have a Accura v2 27" bergara barrel paired with a vortex crossfire ll 3-9x40 BDC reticle. I shoot 104 gr Blackhorn 209 by weight (140gr by volume) with a parker black max 327 gr sabot with a magnum sub base between powder and sabot. And it shoots 1/2 MOA groups. I am also using the blackhorn breech plug with Federal 209A primers. Here is a pic of a gallon water jug at 525 yards with a 15 mph cross wind muzzle velocity is around 2500 fps. Using the strelok app and all parameters I dialed my turrets and drilled it first shot. Gun is sighted in at 200 yards and is 2 inches high at 100 yards. Shoots flat and packs a punch. Shot a bull elk at over 600 yards this year 1 shot and he dropped completely destroyed heart and lungs after traveling through shoulder bone. These guns will surprise you. I first started with SST 300 gr and power belts and scorpions and barnes TMZ/TEZ and none would shoot good with over 80 gr BH until I found the magnum sub bases from muzzleloadingbullets.com I instantly could shoot any bullet with any powder (777, pyrodex, pellets/loose and BH) and hold sub moa groups. I instantly saw about 200 fps increase in muzzle velocity with them as well as accuracy increase. I wouldn't worry too much about the scope mine was $150 bucks you just need to shoot it alot and figure out what works best in your gun but I would highly suggest looking at parker bullets they are pricey but what's a $2 bullet when you're shooting a 340" elk at 500 plus with a muzzy? After what I've learned there is no need to hunt with a rifle and wait twice as long to draw the same tag

Corbhenrie, I shoot the same load/gun but leopold scope. what is your drop at 300yd? did you try 120 and 130 gr. by vol. of BH 209? did you try the ballistic extreme? Kevin

ENCORE

WKR
You guys are over charging those production rifles. 120grs VOLUME or 84grs WEIGHT of BH209 is a maximum charge in production rifles.

This is an old thread so, there is now an exception, which is the CVA Paramount.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
140gr by volume and a 327gr bullet at 2500fps aint happening. No way no how and yes its way over the listed max from CVA for an Accura 50cal.