Accurate bathroom scale

ChrisA

WKR
Can anyone recommend an accurate bathroom scale that wont break the bank? Have a mechanical Sunbeam that I step onto the same everytime and the sumbitch seems to be all over the place.

For instance, first thing this morning it said 222, got back on after drinking 32oz water and it said 227.

Thanks,

Chris

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a withings brand scale for about 3 years now. My fiance and I did Olympic lifting and had to watch weight. She continues to use it for that purpose and measure it against the multiple thousands of dollars inbody brand scanner that is certified at our gym. It's held up pretty well. I think scales are one of those things that you need to know what your own acceptable level of deviation is and then pay accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I got a cheap glass/strain-gauge digital scale from (I think) costco several years ago. I think its branded weight watchers.

It is surprisingly good. Relatively, anywhere in normal human weight range, the relative accuracy is well within a few tenths, and very repeatable. It replaced an old mechanical scale which was terrible.

The only absolute accuracy I've needed to verify is for luggage going to the airport, and at the 50 pound range, its dead on.

The accuracy you need depends on what you need it for I guess. The previous poster obviously needed absolute accuracy for competitive weigh in's. If you just want to see your progress losing weight day to day and how your eating affects your weight (as well as when you've pee'd and pooped), then relative, repeatable accuracy should be fine.

OP
ChrisA

ChrisA

WKR
Thanks. I just want something thats +/- 0.5 lbs of so and repeatable. Kinda challenging to stay focused when my POS is off by 2-3% whenever.

Chris

hintzy56

FNG
Any scale should work. The above are all great recommendations. Just stick with whatever you buy and don't compare to other scales.

Take a look at the FitTrack Dara. Provides more info than simple weight, but I've enjoyed mine.

InDeep

WKR
I like the under armour one . I haev had it for about 5 years and its pretty dang accurate .