Accurate BC's

Sled

WKR
Have you found any projectiles ballistic coefficients to be particularly accurate or way off?

I'm venturing into all copper rounds currently and have found the barnes lrx to be spot on for my drops, whereas my nosler BT's have flown well but come up short on all drop charts in the past. Are there any manufacturers that are particularly reliable when it comes to BC's (g1 or g7)?

A good place to start is comparing Litz tested BCs to manufacture published numbers.

The few Barnes that I’ve looked at had Litz tested BCs a little below what Barnes advertises.

In general, I trust the Hornady ELD line and Berger provided numbers to be good. Sierra seems good in most cases, a little optimistic in others.

Nosler is flat out dishonest with much of their marketing. 28 nosler outrunning a 7 RUM, 33 Nosler outrunning a Lapua Mag, it’s laughable. Their BCs are frequently inflated and they recently reduced the published BCs on the LR accubonds to be more accurate. I believe the RDF bullets #s are pretty close.

Last edited: