Acorns in South Colorado?

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Particularly the Pagosa Springs & Durango area. Last year's acorn crop was non existent in that area and had the bears really spread out in my hunting spot. I drew my tag again this year and just wondered if any locals had early info on this year's acorn production.

Poser

WKR
It’s shaping up to be a very dry year, so I would anticipate mast failure on some scale, even though the scrub oak is presently lush from a decent winter. I drew a bear tag for this area as well, so I’ll be paying attention.

OP
C

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates on what the acorn crop is shaping up to be in SW and South Central Colorado?

Poser

WKR
Any updates on what the acorn crop is shaping up to be in SW and South Central Colorado?

In a reversal of my previous post, monsoon season has set in early and aggressively. Lots and lots of rain. Berries are doing very well and I was hiking last night in a very dry area and all of the scrub oak had budding mast

CJF

WKR
Yep, all the scurb oak around my house (7000') are loaded with acorns.

Berries are doing very well on the Front Range. I'm going into SW Colorado this weekend and again in a few weeks. Will be focusing on acorn and berry quality.