Action camera question

My 10 year old wants to get a camera to video fishing and hunting adventures and I’m clueless about GoPro etc. can anyone point me to a camera that’s decent and going to serve him well. We’re not looking to break the bank in this just test the waters some what. Thanks in advance for the help.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I have a brand new in the box spypoint action camera, would be a great starter action camera for a 10 year old. $40 tyd let me know

WCB

WKR
To start out I would avoid GoPro spypoint or tactacam is what I would use

Jimss

WKR
I have used and abused a Panasonic waterproof camera for years. Do a search under waterproof cameras and you'll find it. It takes pretty good video as well as photos. You can actually use it underwater. I've used it several times to take underwater fish videos and pics. I believe they are only around $100. It is in a super sturdy case that I have beat up!

I also have a gopro. The only thing about gopro is the old versions take poor photos and you have to be point-range distance for photos and videos. There are a lot of cool things you can do with them though.

If it were me I would go the waterproof Panasonic route.

boom

WKR
Wife just bought me a gopro9 fir my kayak fishing outings.
‘the thing is light years ahead of the GP3 I have rattling around in a box somewhere. There will be a learning curve for sure. But the voice command alone is worth it.
I wish I could teach it to turn on when I scream. “Fish on!”