Action Inlets for Defiance Actions.

thawley79

FNG
Hey all. I’m starting a née build for a light weight bolt rifle primarily for western hunting. Want to build off the Defiance anTi action, and would like to use a Gunwerks ClymR Carbon Stock. Gunwerks site says that stock can be inlet for the Defiance Tenacity, Rebel, or Deviant versions, but the anTi action is not mentioned. Does anyone know if the anTi action runs on the same footprint and would therefore be interchangeable with those other variants when it comes to dropping into the inlet on any given stock? If anyone has experience with Defiance Actions in the ClymR stock, I would love to hear about that as well. Thanks!

Iron pig

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure it is the same footprint, call and ask.

Or Alamo precision is building off
That action, they would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

thawley79

FNG
I emailed them middle of last week and haven’t heard back. I’ll try calling Monday. I thought there might be a chance that someone else out there had already solved the question I had.

Sevens

WKR
Call defiance. I also got an anTi action and they’ve been super helpful with questions via phone. Mine is in a Proof lightweight stock waiting on a barrel.

OP
T

thawley79

FNG
Cha Ching! Thanks for all the replies and info. I did hear back from Defiant. They said to give me a call. Sounds like they do have similar footprints and should work in the inlets almost universally. The down side is the turn time is 5 months! Similar to what I’m finding with barrels too. If I want to get this build done before rifle season this year I better get busy placing orders!

Lawnboi

WKR
Cha Ching! Thanks for all the replies and info. I did hear back from Defiant. They said to give me a call. Sounds like they do have similar footprints and should work in the inlets almost universally. The down side is the turn time is 5 months! Similar to what I’m finding with barrels too. If I want to get this build done before rifle season this year I better get busy placing orders!
Altus had an anti in stock the other day

edit they still do if your looking for a long action mag bolt face

Have ever considered going with the Defiance Rebel?? If you order it speced out just right its only about 4 ozs heavier than a AnTi. I ordered 2 last year, the first one back in May and I got it end of August. Ordered the 2nd one end of September and had it in hand 1st week of November so just over a month. Darn nice actions and if you order it with the modified bolt handle it pretty much drops into any 700 inlet stock - sometimes the ejection port needs to be lengthened a bit but a good smith can handle that.

Just a thought??

OP
T

thawley79

FNG
Man those are sexy actions. That’s a great though. I prefer the bolt handle on that version as well. I’ll be giving them a call here soon. I need to get this build started ASAP.

Side note, how do you like their actions? Are they as nice as they look? Would you change anything or consider any other actions? I’m a Montana native, and I love they are made here.

Man those are sexy actions. That’s a great though. I prefer the bolt handle on that version as well. I’ll be giving them a call here soon. I need to get this build started ASAP.

Side note, how do you like their actions? Are they as nice as they look? Would you change anything or consider any other actions? I’m a Montana native, and I love they are made here.

Yes, IMHO they are as nice as they look and I can't find any faults in them or anything I'd change. So far I only have one in a complete rifle that I hunted with last season and it worked flawlessly. The 2nd one is at smiths now and should have it back in a few weeks. Both of the ones I ordered are the their short actions, well actually i think they call it their "medium" action since both are for a 7MM-08. Quality of cause is outstanding, the finish on these is perfect and it worked great last year in some pretty dry and dusty conditions. I'm a big fan thats for sure. My only other custom action to compare to is a Borden Alpline which I think the Rebel might be my favorite. The one I ordered I had done with the integral recoil lug, xtra-deep flutes, sheep cut and regular tang which I think gets you the lightest weight?? I did also go with a steel bolt knob, you can get an aluminum one that might shave another oz??

Just seems like a great option for a full on hunting rig (y)

OP
T

thawley79

FNG
Man. Thanks for the info. What kind of barrel did you go with, and what’s the total package weigh in at? What are you hunting for mostly each season? 7mm-08 is a fine round elk at shorter distances right?

Man. Thanks for the info. What kind of barrel did you go with, and what’s the total package weigh in at? What are you hunting for mostly each season? 7mm-08 is a fine round elk at shorter distances right?
So I'll end up with basically 2 of the exact some builds - only difference will be the scopes.
Barrel on both is a Bartlein CF wrapped #4 contour barrel finished just a bit under 23". Naked the rifle weighs 5 lbs 15 ozs, with scope right at 7 1/2 lbs. I mostly hunt deer/elk/antelope every year. I'm a big fan of all things 7MM-08 and usually have several in the safe;)

OP
T

thawley79

FNG
That’s a fantastic rig. Almost exactly what I’m looking to build. How is ammo availability for 7mm-08? How’s your accuracy with that set up?

Right now I think pretty much any ammo is tough to find, hopefully that improves?? I don't reload so shoot factory ammo mostly 120 grain Ballistic tips which for me have been extremely accurate in most all my 7MM-08's including this one.

Shooter71

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, IMHO they are as nice as they look and I can't find any faults in them or anything I'd change. So far I only have one in a complete rifle that I hunted with last season and it worked flawlessly. The 2nd one is at smiths now and should have it back in a few weeks. Both of the ones I ordered are the their short actions, well actually i think they call it their "medium" action since both are for a 7MM-08. Quality of cause is outstanding, the finish on these is perfect and it worked great last year in some pretty dry and dusty conditions. I'm a big fan thats for sure. My only other custom action to compare to is a Borden Alpline which I think the Rebel might be my favorite. The one I ordered I had done with the integral recoil lug, xtra-deep flutes, sheep cut and regular tang which I think gets you the lightest weight?? I did also go with a steel bolt knob, you can get an aluminum one that might shave another oz??

Just seems like a great option for a full on hunting rig (y)

It’ll be a bit longer, I still have to send it to Birdsong.