Action options

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about building a 300 win mag hunting rifle. I like/want the defiance ruckus but they are expensive (not saying they aren’t worth it). Are there any other custom actions that I can put a prefit proof research barrel on that I should consider?

I know you could true a Remington 700 or get a tikka and take the barrel off. This isn’t really what I want but haven’t ruled it out.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Go to proof’s website, all the options are listed. Bighorn Origin is probably the most economical.

You could also send any action to a gunsmith. They could measure the action once, and then make as many prefits for that action that you could want.
Will do. Thanks.

G37some

FNG
i wouldnt consider the tikka for a 300 wm because of the short length if you want to shoot heavy high bc bullets. the tikkas are better suited to the saum sized magnum cases.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Defiance, lone peak, Kelbly, terminus, and impact are all a few custom actions you can take a look at and there are so many more that are all great! With lead times in precision rifles being so long, you have to keep your mind open and look at the strengths and benefits of all of them. If you are not too picky you should be able to pick one up within the next couple of weeks if you look around pretty hard. Really you cannot go wrong with any of them!

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
Bighorn tl3, bighorn origin, defiance ruckus, impact precision. Proof makes prefits for all of these i believe. All high end actions, all worth the money.

WRO

WKR
The moa actions are a pretty good deal, I've got one and it does everything well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PRC_GUY

WKR
I have both defiance AntiX and bighorn Origin on my 300 WM, I personally prefer bighorn Origin over AntiX because of feed round and little more heavy ( about 8oz more)

Totoro

WKR
There's a bunch of great actions out there, really can't go wrong anywhere with M700 clones.

In the current stable; Defiance/Kelbly/Stiller.

Look at the features you want then see what's available and go from there.

Getting the pieces together is 1/2 the fun (and AGONY)!

bradb

WKR
As stated the bighorn is a very good lower price option and I have like the one of a buddies I played with. And again as already said so many good options, will depend on budget, and nit picking features you want. I am really liking the BAT vampire I just got.

I own two of the bighorn origins and they are just awesome for the price. I run a proof carbon pre-fit on my 6.5 prc.

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I own two of the bighorn origins and they are just awesome for the price. I run a proof carbon pre-fit on my 6.5 prc.
I have a buddy that built a 6.5 prc on a bighorn. Sometimes he has trouble with feeding. Hawkins bottom metal with detachable mag. Have you had any feeding issues?

I think it has something to do with the cartridge not the action.

rootacres

WKR
I’m rocking a bighorn origin with a proof prefit. Everything functions great, the action is silky smooth. Looking back the only thing I would change on my build, I still might do it, is going with a DBM over BDL setup.

If 300 WM was in my wheel house and I was going custom I’d be looking 300 WSM and 300 PRC too.

I have 4 big horn origins. I think they are a great action. A buddy is running a few impacts and though they are great, I don’t feel that I am missing anything that they offer. There are other reasons I went with them, but a big one was how many prefits were available. I have 3 proof prefits, 2 carbon and 1 steel, and all of them shoot excellent. I would like to try a tl3 but with the origin I can use a tl3 or origin barrel. Doesn’t work the other way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Ern

WKR
Get a defiance. I have a defiance hunter on one build amd a Bighorn TL3 on another.

Defiance is my oreferred action. Incredible build quality and great customer service.

Can’t go wrong with any of the top tier actions, but my preference is defiance. And, I have shot about every action wxcept a kelby.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Kelbly no question is my vote. You can't compare a trued/blue printed 700 Rem action to a custom. They aren't even close.