Actual weight of a FL Brooks sweater in XL

Skull10

WKR
Can anyone give me the actual weight in ounces for a First Lite Brooks sweater in XL? The website says 10.9oz, but I believe that is for a size medium.

I have a large uncompahgre and it weighs in at 21oz. I am going to be archery elk hunting the first two weeks in September and I will hunt with camp on my back. I am looking to shave ounces in my gear at this point.

OP
Skull10

Skull10

WKR
I'll have a FL Klamath underneath, figured that would be warm enough for the first two weeks in September. Hunting Colorado from 8,500' to say 12,000'.

Are you thinking it won't be enough? I've got the Uncompadre, but I really didn't where it at all last year. Hunted same time and close to the same elevation as last year.

I wore a long merino 145 weight base layer last year and the Klamath for pretty much most mornings and nights.

I will take any and all options, that is what this Forum is for.

You’re going to rely on a brooks in September for elk as your warmest layer? Where are you hunting and at what elevation?

I was planning on packing a brooks down in to about 10k elevation for mid season archery elk in Colorado as my "warm" layer. Depending on what the forecast looks like, I'll have SFS 260 or SF210 and Chugach rain jacket. Should I consider ditching the brooks and bringing the Kutana soft shell? Thanks in advance.

I had the Brooks, warmth doesn't come to mind with this piece to me. I got the Grumman and it weighs 11.8oz... warms me right up whenever needed.

I keep the Uncompahgre for late season with the Grumman