Adak Bino Harness

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another A on the Adak. Been very impressed thus far. Used on one week base camp hunt and here in the Midwest guiding. Taking to Idaho next week for a backpack hunt. One of my biggest loves over the Marsupial is the Adak is fully enclosed so dust and such doesn’t get to your optics. It’s also much less bulky and the AGC and seems to ride more comfortable. The largest downside is the lack of space, but I was fortunate enough to get a prototype accessory pocket that holds anything you’d have in an AGC. So with that option the space isn’t an issue. Also, the way the Adak holds those pockets is unique and solid. They Velcro onto the sides so your rangefinder pocket doesn’t slide up and down the strap and it stays sturdy... for lack of a better term.

Another big plus for the Adak is quietness of the outer material over the Marsupial and AGC. It’s significantly more quiet. The way it “latches” is good too, there’s kind of a lip on top of the harness frame that the flap goes over so it’s a solid fit when you close it up. Overall big hit for me. I’m still using it and will comment more if I run across something noteworthy. One more quick thing is for a wind checker.... I run the larger DDW wind checker bottles and it doesn’t really fit right. The smaller bottles would be a better option. One handed operator for the pockets is almost a no go too unless it’s a diagram call or something really small. My wind checker typically ends up in my pocket after a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nshipman

FNG
Thanks for the comparison, I also have the marsupial and have had issues with dust getting on the lenses with the open sides of the flap and with the materials making noise while sneaking through brush. It has been a great harness but could use a few minor changes.

CB4

WKR
My Ultravid 12x50's fit, albeit a bit snug.
I got mine in the mail the other day. Very happy with the harness. I wish it was about 1/4" wider so it wasn't as "snug" but it still works great.

jfs82

WKR
Really like my Adak harness (light, one-handable), looking forward to a holster add on.

Block

WKR
Love my Adak but IMO the Bino case could be a hair smaller and the rangefinder pouch a bit bigger...

TripleJ

WKR
You guys got me interested enough in trying one of these out that I ordered one off Camofire last night.

This thread is a bit old, but I do know for a fact that Marsupial is coming out with a fully 360 enclosed harness late summer 2020. Based on the images I've seen, the side pockets and front zip appear to be the same stretchy material that is on their new small zippered accessory pouch. Thing looks freakin awesome. Wish I could share the photos but I was asked not to! For those wanting full enclosure of their binos, keep your eyes peeled for the new marsupial!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread is a bit old, but I do know for a fact that Marsupial is coming out with a fully 360 enclosed harness late summer 2020. Based on the images I've seen, the side pockets and front zip appear to be the same stretchy material that is on their new small zippered accessory pouch. Thing looks freakin awesome. Wish I could share the photos but I was asked not to! For those wanting full enclosure of their binos, keep your eyes peeled for the new marsupial!

I heard about this thing too. Super excited to see what it'll be like. My only 2 gripes with Marsupial are being addressed.

Ya I'm excited as well! The lack of side closure never bothered me too much, but I have noticed some sticks and dust in the bottom of the pack at the end of a long hunt. And the stretchy material will be amazing for the side and front pockets, I love that material (I think it's the same as on Exo packs?). It also might help with making it a bit quieter when drawing a bow and your arm rubbing across the face fabric.

Also, now that marsupial just got their own shop I bet we keep seeing more cool stuff by them, they sound like they're really cranking things out with their new spot.

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the adak bino harness for awhile now and running marsupial before that. For those thinking about buying either one but want more information. I can answer any questions and send any pictures you might want to see. I've been able to compare the two side by side and hunt with both. This is not an add I am not selling either one just offering some information if needed!
Curious since this was awhile ago what you’re running now or after long term use what is your thoughts between Adak vs marsupial.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious since this was awhile ago what you’re running now or after long term use what is your thoughts between Adak vs marsupial.
I would go the Marsupial route between the two. They have way more options for accessories/additions and are always changing. Adak seems to be pretty stagnant on offerings.

I would go the Marsupial route between the two. They have way more options for accessories/additions and are always changing. Adak seems to be pretty stagnant on offerings.
Will the harness straps from Marsupial or other brands work with the ADAK system? I just can’t do those thin straps on my shoulder for a week long hunt.

I have the Marsupial at the moment but am wanting to go non-magnetic but keep forward opening. That pretty much leaves me with KUIU Pro, ADAK, Muley Freak, or Marsupial No-Mag. I think Marsupial has the worst design of the bunch for the elastic closing mechanism since it makes the side pockets worthless.

Kostrize

WKR
Will the harness straps from Marsupial or other brands work with the ADAK system? I just can’t do those thin straps on my shoulder for a week long hunt.

I have the Marsupial at the moment but am wanting to go non-magnetic but keep forward opening. That pretty much leaves me with KUIU Pro, ADAK, Muley Freak, or Marsupial No-Mag. I think Marsupial has the worst design of the bunch for the elastic closing mechanism since it makes the side pockets worthless.

T&K might be an option for you as well with their thick straps. One of the guys that reviewed them didn’t like the magnetic closure but might be worth a try.

For non magnetic, I tried the Kuiu and Stone Glacier, giving the Marsupial No Mag a try next

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don’t have them both in front of me but I do know the buckles are different sizes… 95% sure on that. So I don’t think that would work.

Like others said, consider the T&K non magnetic also.