Adak Island gear

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
Just found out a spot opened for me to join some friends on this hunt starting the end of October into the first week of November. I have all the gear needed for elk and have had multiple successful backcountry elk hunts but never been to AK. I would like to know if there’s any special gear you recommend specifically for this hunt that would be useful. I have really light rain gear I will need to upgrade and I was told to bring waders. Anything else? Also, how heavy duty of rain gear do you recommend. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the best rain gear you can find. If I was going there i would get the soft rubber grundens or helly hanson stuff. probably lookin at 30-45 degree weather rain or heavy wet snow. Or you can spend hundreds on really good gortex stuff and dry it out at night assuming you have a house out there to stay at.

OP
cardiac5

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
The guide providing transportation around the island provides an 8 man tent and my friend that lives in anchorage is bringing a gear tent to hang stuff so that might work. I do have a lot of snow boarding gear and some off my pullovers have vents not Helly Hanson though. I was thinking of getting the cloudburst and hanging it out to dry every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk